Weight Training May Help Ease Anxiety - NYT

[Br...]

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Brighter! I do weight train on my good days and it does help. I do most of my light cardio at home on my stationary bike.👍 I belong to one of the 24/7 fitness gyms so I can go anytime I want.

The trick is to not overdo things. All my physical exercise is light to sometimes moderate. The intense stuff revs me up too much.

• 3 weeks later...
Most days, harder exercising is out of my grasp. But I love doing the pilates and yoga videos on youtube. Used to do them in person, but that's out for now.  I find that whatever soreness I have afterwards (from letting it slack earlier), the benefits outweigh them.  The stretches especially help loosen all of my aching joints - the bane of my existence. And I find that even on a moderately nauseous day, I can get through the exercises.

• 2 months later...

If I do any exercise more intense than just walking, my heart goes crazy and it doesn't stop when I sit down after half or an entire hour.

It's funny because some weeks ago I was doing 15 minutes of stationary cycling and squats 20x3, push-ups over the wall (for real, that's the most I could do) 20x3, and hanging as if I was doing to do pull-ups but without pulling-up, just hanging, for 60seconds x3, for a few days, without problem. After that, I couldn't exercise anymore, even just slowly walking around the house made my heart go crazy. Yesterday and the day before, I had a window, and I was able to go walk on the streets for 30 minutes in the morning 30 minutes on the evening (the first day 1 hour in the evening, it was a year since I wasn't able to walk more than 30 minutes a day!!). And I was very happy after that. Today I'm again on a bad wave... This is crazy.