LIQUID ATIVAN!

[sm...]

Hi guys!!

I’ve posted about this before because my primary doctor told me there was no way she could prescribe liquid Ativan to me (I knew she wasn’t being honest) She told me to alternate my dosage every other day if I want to taper down, or drop the dosage by 25% every couple of weeks. She has been great in other aspects but definitely not great when it comes to this, I honestly think she doesn’t believe me. ANYWHO, I contacted one of my other doctors and explained to him that I wanted to do the Ashton method and asked him whether he would be willing to prescribe liquid Ativan to me for tapering, and he said yes! He told me to make an appointment and we can come up with a plan. I love him so much 😭 idk why I switched. Anywho, I have a few questions.

1. What dosage do I ask for? 1mg / ml? I’m currently taking 0.25 of Ativan. I make my water mixture with 98ml of water and 2ml of vodka. I mix the tablet in the vodka (0.5) and then let it do it’s thing, then put that into the water.

2. How do I do it?! What dosage? Do I still mix with water and taper down -1ml per day?

3. What exactly is “jumping”? I’m wondering what this means.

Thank you guys! Sorry I post so much. I’m finally stabilizing I think so I’m ready to begin my taper but I might give myself a few weeks first so my body can heal a little.

[00...]

Jumping:  Towards the end of your taper, you'll 'jump' from some low dose to zero.  Probably want to get under 0.05 mg before jumping.

Liquid Ativan:  Something around 1 mg/ml would be nice.  0.1 mg/ml is also convenient.  10 mg/ml is really concentrated and a little more difficult to work with.  We can make just about anything work, however.

You'll still take a little and mix it with some water.  The numbers will change a little.  We'll have to see what formulation you get before we can crunch numbers.  Essentially the only difference is you won't be crushing up a pill in alcohol - you'll be using the liquid formulation instead.

• 1 month later...

Hi SmoOthi3Z,

I am in the same boat! 0.25 mg/day of Ativan but currently taking pill form. I am asking my doctor this week about the liquid and am hoping she will prescribe it.

How much do you plan to taper and how often? Id love to stay in touch :)