Will this dangerous inflammation go away???

[Bl...]

I am scared,  I need reassurance or words of help. I am scared I might get cancer or never recover, I have inflammation all over my body, skin, eyes.... I am 1 year off and things are only getting worse.

I am going to the allergist tomorrow but I am scared this Withdrawal will end my life

Sorry , I am very scared and depressed

I'm glad you're going to see someone for your pain, what about all of the supplements you're taking, could they be interacting?

I'm glad you're going to see someone for your pain, what about all of the supplements you're taking, could they be interacting?

I was thinking the same thing, but they seem harmless...I’m so scared :(

Benzos are known to cause histamine intolerance or Mast Cell Activation Syndrome.

Quite a number of supplements can have inactive ingredients that you may be reacting to.

I too have overall body inflammation, which started after taking antibiotics this spring.

I only took a benzo for a few weeks to get on Trazodone, now I'm stuck in hell, with so much brain inflammation.

I became much worse after going off some antihistamines for some skin prick testing a month ago, haven't been the same since.

you may find that the food you are eating is causing inflammation too.

If you find a solution, I'd love to know the answer.

Fish oil helps with inflammation.

Benzos are known to cause histamine intolerance or Mast Cell Activation Syndrome.

Quite a number of supplements can have inactive ingredients that you may be reacting to.

I too have overall body inflammation, which started after taking antibiotics this spring.

I only took a benzo for a few weeks to get on Trazodone, now I'm stuck in hell, with so much brain inflammation.

I became much worse after going off some antihistamines for some skin prick testing a month ago, haven't been the same since.

you may find that the food you are eating is causing inflammation too.

If you find a solution, I'd love to know the answer.

Fish oil helps with inflammation.

winniedog, Yes!! I went to the allergist and he performed the allergens test on my arm... turns out I am allergic to almonds, red colorant #7 (ketchup) and nuts....for what he can tell of course.... He told me I have a lot of histamine in my body and prescribed me an antihistamine and a low dose steroid (he told me it's so low that it doesn't cross the brain barrier) I had inflammation in my ear, nose and throat...skin rashes... so let's see what happens, right now I haven't had any adverse reaction to the meds...

I am taking fish oil as well....and curcumin...

Blossom

Hi Blossom, me again.

When I avoid corn, wheat/gluten, soy, refined and excess sugar, processed foods and caffeine I do much better re. inflammation.

Whole foods that come from the ground or an animal with no processing seem to help. Little to no processing, only the kind of processing that isn’t highly involved and complicated. Something like ground nuts such as almonds are a processed food, but if it’s only almonds and salt there hasn’t been much change in a process like that to the basic chemical composition of a food. I know you’ve found you’re allergic to nuts but it’s for example’s sake.

I do use olive oil, which is obviously processed,  but sometimes use butter instead to avoid extra Omega 6’s. Heated vegetable oils produce omega 6, and if the balance is tipped too much in the direction of omega 6’s over omega 3’s we don’t get the benefits from omega 3’s and I think oxidation and inflammation happen more easily. I avoid canola and other oils like that. Something like sunflower oil could be ok, but I would advise looking into oils more because I still need to also so can’t give perfect advice. I mostly try to avoid anything but olive oil but there could be a few out there that are ok. Avocado oil could be one of these.

I do what’s like a paleo diet. I don’t usually have peanuts and sometimes I avoid peas (legumes,) but I do eat beans and rice. I also eat potatoes.

I get organic as often and possible and I always get the highest fat content possible in any dairy, meat, or cheese I buy. Like Greek yogurt, I eat a lot of this and if there’s two containers and one says 3% and the other days 4% fat, I’ll get the 4%. Fats can help a lot in my opinion, they are beneficial and balance out the sugars contained in a food item. Avocados are great for healthy fat (myelin sheath.)

Grass-fed beef has omega 3’s.

I eat seafood 1-2 times a week. Rarely 3. 3 days + isn’t recommended for seafood because of mercury.

Corn that is on the cob is ok, especially if it’s gmo-free but if it’s from a good source that may not even matter so much in a regular ear of corn. It’s really the processing that causes most foods to become a danger in terms of their inflammatory potential—unless of course it is an allergy to a certain food. But do try and avoid gmo’s if at all possible.

If you cut out caffeine entirely, don’t have even green tea, this will really help too. It’s very psychoactive and I think it’s inflammatory and difficult for the organs.

Refuse any packaged or processed foods, or any foods with ingredients you don’t know.

I eat lots of vegetables. Especially cruciferous and things like garlic, onions, cilantro and peppers. Black pepper is very good. Salt is good. Fresh herbs are good. Even dried herbs are beneficial.

This is my diet and it has been working when I follow it, when I don’t I get very ill.

Hi Blossom, me again.

When I avoid corn, wheat/gluten, soy, refined and excess sugar, processed foods and caffeine I do much better re. inflammation.

Whole foods that come from the ground or an animal with no processing seem to help. Little to no processing, only the kind of processing that isn’t highly involved and complicated. Something like ground nuts such as almonds are a processed food, but if it’s only almonds and salt there hasn’t been much change in a process like that to the basic chemical composition of a food. I know you’ve found you’re allergic to nuts but it’s for example’s sake.

I do use olive oil, which is obviously processed,  but sometimes use butter instead to avoid extra Omega 6’s. Heated vegetable oils produce omega 6, and if the balance is tipped too much in the direction of omega 6’s over omega 3’s we don’t get the benefits from omega 3’s and I think oxidation and inflammation happen more easily. I avoid canola and other oils like that. Something like sunflower oil could be ok, but I would advise looking into oils more because I still need to also so can’t give perfect advice. I mostly try to avoid anything but olive oil but there could be a few out there that are ok.

I do what’s like a paleo diet. I don’t usually have peanuts and sometimes I avoid peas (legumes,) but I do eat beans and rice. I also eat potatoes.

I get organic as often and possible and I always get the highest fat content possible in any dairy, meat, or cheese I buy. Like Greek yogurt, I eat a lot of this and if there’s three containers and one says 3 or 4% fat, I’ll get the 5%. Fats can help a lot in my opinion, they are beneficial and balance out the sugars contained in a food item.

Grass-fed beef has omega 3’s.

I eat seafood 1-2 times a week. Rarely 3. 3 days + isn’t recommended for seafood because of mercury.

Corn that is on the cob is ok, especially if it’s gmo-free but if it’s from a good source that may not even matter so much in a regular ear of corn. It’s really the processing that causes most foods to become a danger in terms of their inflammatory potential—unless of course it is an allergy to a certain food. But do try and avoid gmo’s if at all possible.

If you cut out caffeine entirely, don’t have even green tea, this will really help too. It’s very psychoactive and I think it’s inflammatory and difficult for the organs.

Refuse any packaged or processed foods, or any foods with ingredients you don’t know.

I eat lots of vegetables. Especially cruciferous and things like garlic, onions, cilantro and peppers. Black pepper is very good. Salt is good. Fresh herbs are good. Even dried herbs are beneficial.

This is my diet and it has been working when I follow it, when I don’t I get very ill.

I love cilantro and herbs! I am also eating a lot of lentils lately, and garbanzos. I had to switch the almondmilk for 2% milk (which is ok for me) Also I don't like the idea of drinking "xantan gum" every day, which most of the almond milks have!

Blossom I’ve been noticing that about the almond milk and can’t have that either I realize. Even the coconut milk had things like that, like maybe guar gum(?) I need to understand more about those but I have an intuition that when my body isn’t strong and I make compromises like that it can become disastrous.

Actually, it’s more an obvious reality I’m facing. Ha. Not so much a hunch or an intuition.

Oddly when I’m strong I can have some of a local Sourdough bread. But then again it’s a slippery slope and this last time I made one exception that led to another and they compounded. Now I am definitely compromised and trying to get back out and reverse the damage I’ve done.

• 2 weeks later...

A three pronged attack on inflammation:

1. Eat less frequently. Every time you eat, your digestive system fires up which triggers insulin and cortisol, leading to inflammation. Eat larger meals on fewer occasions and your body will thank you for the extra rest. Look up "intermittent fasting" to understand the benefits of taking this idea to the limit. That said, any effort to cut out snacks and to leave bigger gaps between meals will help.

2. Eat fewer carbohydrates and more fat. Low fat spreads are the devil - they're loaded with sugar which is far far worse. Butter is healthy according to anybody credible. You will need more fat in your diet to offset the carbs. More fat will help if you follow my first point, as it helps satisfy your hunger for longer.

3. Choose foods that have a relatively high ratio of omega 3:omega 6. This is why fish oil gets recommended for inflammation. It's loaded with omega 3 and ought to be a goto for anybody struggling with any kind of inflammation. Walnuts are good, eggs are good, avocados are good. Vegetable oils are really bad for the most part. Much better to cook with clarified butter or coconut oil. If you're using vegetable oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, canola oil (there are others, but these are common) you need to stop. Lucky if you are, because it could make quite a big difference.

Most of all, avoid simple sugars including those contained in bread. I found giving up bread to be quite a challenge but consuming bread is not conducive to lowering inflammation. When I got serious, I got a lot better.

thank you everyone for your replies, it's so hard for me to give up on bread! but I will definitely give it a try. I am feeling a little better now, hopefully this will last.

again, thank you guys.

Blossom