Reddit Post for Jordan Peterson

[0c...]

[63...]
I'd be cautious listening to this, a lot of us have neurotransmission that is completely disregulated and out of whack. I'd be skeptical of throwing all different kinds of legal and illegal drugs into the mix on top of nootropics, peptides etc. Honestly this guy sounds like everyone in the r/nootropics subreddits, there's a lot of "bro science" thrown about. They are tinkering with neurochemistry with lots of substances which are not well known and even research chemicals in some cases

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be cautious listening to this, a lot of us have neurotransmission that is completely disregulated and out of whack. I'd be skeptical of throwing all different kinds of legal and illegal drugs into the mix on top of nootropics, peptides etc. Honestly this guy sounds like everyone in the r/nootropics subreddits, there's a lot of "bro science" thrown about. They are tinkering with neurochemistry with lots of substances which are not well known and even research chemicals in some cases

"bro science"

That term always gives me a good chuckle

Too much psuedoscience and questionable references ( I wouldn't consider Wikipedia or Dr Mercola as reliable sources). What I want to see is the studies showing what, if any, of this stuff works. The only thing that interests me is memantine. One user here on BenzoBuddies reported positive results with memantine. This study isn't about using memantine for BZD w/d's, but about how it works, and the promising effects it has. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4217523/#!po=5.14706 I am considering consulting with my medical orovider about using this. This article here gives you a run-down of various substances tried for BZD w/d, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5896864/ For the TLDR version, there is a chart with conclusions about 1/3rd of the way down the page. Conclusion is that little of any if these substances held any promise, a few need furthur study. THe one thing that worked was slow tapering of either Valium of Klonopin.

[97...]

I wouldn't consider Wikipedia or Joseph Mercola as reliable sources.

I don't know anything about who this Joseph Mercola is, but I must say that Rational Wiki and Quackwatch sure as heck aren't reliable sources either.

I didn't put Rational Wiki (never heard of them) or Quackwatch in my post, I see that this forum apparently auto-edits the mentioning of certain people who are controversial, and Mercola is. I do stand by my statement that he (Mercola) is not a reliable source. Quackwatch has some issues, the person running it has had personal vendetta's against some people, and lists them on the site unfairly.