21 Months off Clonzepam CT

[11...]

[11...]
I haven't had a bad wave since July. I think i actually am healed :). I took 0.5 clonazepam for 4 years daily then Cold Turkeyed on feb 2019. Its been a crazy awful ride but being here feels good. I smoked cannabis for the first year and i quit doing it in Feb 2020 bc i felt it was slowing and/or hindering my healing. Im positive quitting cannabis helped me heal faster. i have touched alcohol maybe 3 times since i cold turkeyed. I think im going to make a video on my journey for people that are still suffering. Just know that all of you one day will be healed. i have faith they will find something that will end benzo withdrawl and suffering. I hope they also take these drugs off the market for good. i was prescribed them by a doctor after my mom tragically died. i had severe panic and anxiety attacks from the trauma and drinking too much and not eating healthy. The doctor left me on clonazepam for 4 years. I hope people reading this will find hope and strength to keep pushing foward. YOU WILL HEAL.  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
I agree that these drugs should be off the market for good.  They are not a life-saving medication, and are very dangerous.  I am 27 months benzo free after an 18 month taper.  I still have windows and waves, and now am back to being bed and couch bound.  I really want to start living my life again.  My husband thinks I have improved, but I still feel pretty sick most of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Not cold turkey, but frozen turkey. Sometimes I get a kick out of just reading the names here.

So you posted this on November 1st and you said 21 months off the meds but you hadn't had a wave since July, so I'm guessing at 17 months you felt better?

I'm at 16 and a half months and I had a horrible wave yesterday and today, so now I'm having a pretty good window and I'm wondering if maybe this month I will start feeling better for good.

I agree not drinking and smoking weed helps withdrawal. There's nothing to throw you off that way. Sorry to hear about the family , I know how it is.