Emergency please help

[st...]

I’m coming up on 4 or 5 days with no sleep. My mind won’t let me into a sleep, every time it gets close I get right her heart palpitations or extreme fear. I haven’t eaten in 2 or so days and I’m becoming dehydrated. I’m desperate, why can’t my body enter sleep?  I feel very close to not making it. I’m debating taking a rescue dose but I’m terrified of that too.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [st...]

• [Sh...]

• [Ar...]

• [al...]

[79...]
I wouldn't recommend rescue dose unless you plan on reinstating. It might work, but it might just make you even worse when it wears off.

I wouldn't recommend rescue dose unless you plan on reinstating. It might work, but it might just make you even worse when it wears off.

What can I do then?  I’m going to go crazy if I don’t sleep at least an hour.

[79...]

I don't know, have you tried any other sleep aids, like hydroxyzine? We talked about flumazenil, before reinstating benzos it would probably be wise to try flumazenil first. In the end, if it comes down to it you can reinstate and then taper when you feel like it. There's no point in trying to wait it out if it isn't getting better.

I don't know, have you tried any other sleep aids, like hydroxyzine? We talked about flumazenil, before reinstating benzos it would probably be wise to try flumazenil first. In the end, if it comes down to it you can reinstate and then taper when you feel like it. There's no point in trying to wait it out if it isn't getting better.

Aren’t we all waiting it out here?

[79...]

We are, but people are reporting progress. Maybe not noticeable day-to-day, but noticeable in bigger time quantum (every month, every three months, or even every six months).

Am I reading your signature correctly that you are off for almost a year now?  I think you are having anxiety that appears when you are falling asleep.  I remember something similar.  It was like right at the moment where I was about to fall asleep, I would suddenly feel like I was dying or something and was very scared and would wake right back up.  It felt like a fear of sleeping or it sort of felt like sleeping was actually dying, even though I knew logically, that was not true. 

Two cold-turkeys can really mess with your nervous system, making it longer to recover. Going back on the drugs probably would not be a good idea unless you want to perhaps prolong what you are going through now. My advice is to make yourself eat healthy food, keep hydrated even if you don't feel thirsty and spend your time in bed resting even if it doesn't seem that you are sleeping. I would bet money that you have been getting sustaining microsleeps without being aware of them. Remember that high levels of anxiety are symptoms of withdrawal that are made worse by lack of sleep. The anxiety wants to keep telling you that things will not be okay because that is the only thing that it knows to say. Don't listen to it too much.

Two cold-turkeys can really mess with your nervous system, making it longer to recover. Going back on the drugs probably would not be a good idea unless you want to perhaps prolong what you are going through now. My advice is to make yourself eat healthy food, keep hydrated even if you don't feel thirsty and spend your time in bed resting even if it doesn't seem that you are sleeping. I would bet money that you have been getting sustaining microsleeps without being aware of them. Remember that high levels of anxiety are symptoms of withdrawal that are made worse by lack of sleep. The anxiety wants to keep telling you that things will not be okay because that is the only thing that it knows to say. Don't listen to it too much.

I’m not looking to go back on. I’m honestly terrified of taking it. I just need to sleep or I’ll go crazy. I’m so scared now I have fatal insomnia. I wasn’t worried about it before but it’s making sense.

We are, but people are reporting progress. Maybe not noticeable day-to-day, but noticeable in bigger time quantum (every month, every three months, or even every six months).

This isn’t true. There’s tons of people that don’t notice progress at my timeframe. I have noticed things change.

[79...]

This isn’t true. There’s tons of people that don’t notice progress at my timeframe. I have noticed things change.

Well, whatever you do I wish you luck. I'm just sorry to see so much suffering.

I worry about fatal insomnia too stereo. I’m absolutely struggling and I’m not even off yet. God help me when I am

I never even thought about it till today. It’s eating me alive now. I’m sure you’ll be ok when you’re off.

I get 1-2 hrs sleep every other night. The only thing that keeps me from completely thinking I have it is if u look at symptoms I don’t have those. If I had it after 2 years of this hell I would be a lot worse off than I am. It’s probably the same for u stereo. I’ve tried everything except unisom but coz I’ve tried other antihistamines I doubt it’s going to work

I get 1-2 hrs sleep every other night. The only thing that keeps me from completely thinking I have it is if u look at symptoms I don’t have those. If I had it after 2 years of this hell I would be a lot worse off than I am. It’s probably the same for u stereo. I’ve tried everything except unisom but coz I’ve tried other antihistamines I doubt it’s going to work

Mine usually is a few hours but I wake up every hour but occasionally I get episodes like this where’re I go 2-4 days with no perceived sleep. This has been the worst time for me. It scares me cause I have the other symptoms like the cognitive stuff.

I have cognitive stuff too but sleep deprivation will do that to anyone x

Do you have the sound hallucinations before falling asleep or the anxiety feelings when falling into a sleep?

I have the panic feeling when falling asleep sometimes. Yesterday I started to nod off on the beach and had a wierd rush of panic set it. Last night when I woke up from my light sleep (if u can call it waking up) I had a massive adrenaline surge and it took at least an hr to get my heart rate back down

I’m not looking to go back on. I’m honestly terrified of taking it. I just need to sleep or I’ll go crazy. I’m so scared now I have fatal insomnia. I wasn’t worried about it before but it’s making sense.

Don't go down that "fatal insomnia" road. After well over 5 years on BenzoBuddies, I can't tell you how many times I heard people express their fear of having it. None did, in fact an extremely micro-percent of humans actually get it.

The  sleep will come with time. Please do not use drugs, because it will hurt. Don't worry about this. This is a withdrawal symptom

There’s no hope for me anymore. I wasn’t getting better and it’s been almost a year now. I can’t cope anymore. I’m still young and I’ve ruined my whole life.

I'm sorry, but you’ll only make it worse with medication. Believe me, I wish you only the best. I went through it myself and the insomnia medications made me even more sick.

I'm sorry, but you’ll only make it worse with medication. Believe me, I wish you only the best. I went through it myself and the insomnia medications made me even more sick.

I’m been off for a year I only just took one. It’s been 5 or so days with no sleep. I’m really scared.