Author Topic: Severe dry eyes  (Read 9615 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Severe dry eyes
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 11:05:41 pm »
Try an eye gel drop at least at night. You don't want your eyeball sticking to the inside of your lid. Trust me on that.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 03:53:29 pm »

I have this symptom as well.  Extremely dry eyes which get red and irritated.  When I wake up in the night they are so dry it is difficult to open and shut.  It was really bad in the beginning but has gotten a lot better (I'm 8 months off Klonopin).  When I have a wave they get bad again.  I'm sure this will go away eventually!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 11:40:51 pm »
Try an eye gel drop at least at night. You don't want your eyeball sticking to the inside of your lid. Trust me on that.
Wise words..!!

My tool box;
-eye drops
-eye gel (lasts longer for night)
-eye patch/mask
-tape lid/s shut
Might try the humidifier myself as the aircon or fan doesnt help..

**I lost nerves to half my face, so that eye isnt shut properly when sleeping and dries in the day too..
-But dry eyes have plagued me through my whole discontinuation/s

-Dry mouth too, so use gel for that also..

Best not to ignore or put up with it, as it *can* lead to bigger problems..

:)

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2021, 10:44:12 pm »
I agree with [...]. There are things that can help. What I use: gel at night. Drops during the day. (Systane has a nice array of drops). Set an alarm to make you look away from the computer every half hour or so. I bought a tabletop humidifier (cool moist air) from Amazon for about $30 bucks that works well. I use it at night -- it's on the bookcase/headboard of my bed.

It's rotten, but for me this is a lingering misery from the dry eyes caused by my taper. It's not getting better (hoping it will in time), but fortunately there are things that can help.

:(

[...] 

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2021, 12:16:41 am »
thank you all for your responses.
I am using an ointment at night and it does help but I need to reapply it if I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom.
I have a lot of inflammation and redness. I just hope it gets better, it's been one of my worst symptoms.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 12:17:45 am »
My left eye is dry because I have left head muscle issues. Hope it will go away soon for you

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2021, 01:21:18 am »
Hi buddies. Iím concerned, my eyes are severely dry.... Eye drops do nothing, will this ever go away? :(
Had this for a couple of months, felt like my eyelids were sand paper! No fun, but it did completely go away. Give it time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2022, 05:18:20 pm »
*Bump*. I wanted to sayÖ.I tried the humidifier and this helps so much!!! 

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2022, 05:24:05 pm »
Black out curtains have helped as well. Then I can ease into the day without the shock of bright light hitting my dry left eye.

My dry eye started during tapering, but it apparently is chronic now. I should also add that I had surgery where they scraped the top layer of cells off my eyeball at some point. Would not recommend that.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2022, 04:08:05 am »
Go to the ophthalmologist and get your meibomian glands checked. I thought all my dry eye was just a withdrawal symptom that would go away but unfortunately it caused the glands to get clogged and when that happens, they eventually die off. They don't come back. I only have about 30% of my glands left and have to take care of what's left.

I had a procedure called IPL done a few times and that helped for a few months but I'm going to have to go in and get more and also talk to them about gland probing to open up the glands that are left and get them cleared of blockages.

If you don't treat it, the glands die, and without the lipid layer, your tears just evaporate. It's awful and there's no cure so please see an ophthalmologist and follow their recommendations.