Neurontin

[Ji...]

I live in Thailand and just bought Neurontin 300 mg tabs from the chemists. I was amazed it was so cheap - $2 for a pack strip of 10.

Problem is that there are no doctors where I live that understand benzos. One just gave me Tazadone and said take one 50 mg every night, which I don't do, sometimes I take 1/2 a tab.

How should I take this Neurontin? Should I take it at night now or after I finish tapering. At 1.19 mg now. Feeling slight symptoms but nothing dreadful. Could I jump off now and take the Neurontin?

Please share your experience/thought, thanks :)

If you're only feeling slight symptoms, I see no reason to add a new drug.

Good point. My thoughts were that I could come of the V faster. if I c/t now, I'd have some nasty w/d.

Due to work, sometimes I really need a good sleep. I'm paranoid, reading that Neurontin can kill people by breathing slowly or causing suicidal thoughts. Do you think it is safe to take on the occasional night?

[fd...]

I've got no personal issue with gabapentin.  I used it (usually 300 mg at night) to help with sleep during my withdrawal.  I had no difficulty simply c/t-ing it when I was done.  I've got some at home right now (for nerve pain from a recent hip injury), and have taken a few of them.  But the hip has now probably improved past the need for any more meds.

But I've read a fair number of account where people had difficulty weaning off of it, so that's why I would caution against using it if you're not having difficulties with your current taper.  I don't see any reason to 'rock the boat'.