What's a Better Substitute? Valium (Diazapham) or Klonopin (Clonazepam)

[Mi...]

Hello benzo buddies! Thank you all for the extremely helpful advice I've been able to see on this website. I need this community's help in determining what's the best medicine to use for a substitution taper, Valium (Diazapham) or Klonopin (Clonazepam). My healthcare provider is offering Klonopin and a doctor I've talked to for a second opinion is offering Valium. I found the second doctor by the BIC website of doctors who may be able to assist with this process (https://www.benzoinfo.com/doctors/). I'm doing research but it's unclear to me and would appreciate people's help in getting this pivotal and extremely important decision correct. Also, please explain in why in detail.

For context, I'll be switching off of Xanax at 0.25mg 3 times a day.

Thank you so much,

Millet

[45...]

Interesting question and tough choice.  You can certainly taper using either drug.  I wouldn't say that one will be easier or more difficult (for tapering) than the other.

At least some people who have crossed from klonopin to valium say that the valium makes them feel more sedated.  That may or may not be a desirable result??

• 3 weeks later...