anxiety, depression, Klonopin

[ha...]

To the forum, I seem to associate Klonopin with anxiety and depression.  I could be wrong.  I was on 3 mg and now it is 1.5 mg.  I keep wondering if it is causing anxiety and depression.  Last winter I was on 3 mg and was in a partial hospitalization program for anxiety and depression.  It was caused by something traumatic in my life.  Now I am going through something else that is traumatic and am worried I won't hold out (possible money problems, but probably not).  Somebody keeps telling me to take it a day at a time.  I KEEP looking back at a mistake I perceive I made while under high anxiety.  While I am still on the Klonopin could it be causing the opposite effect?  Could it be causing anxiety and depression?  Thanks to the forum.

It sounds like you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms - anxiety and to a lesser extent depression are among the most common withdrawal symptoms.  Ruminating about mistakes we've made in the past is also a hallmark of withdrawal.

I understand you feel comfortable at your current Klonopin dose of 1.5mg  (although you appear to be experiencing withdrawal symptoms).  Are you planning to stay at that dose indefinitely or do you plan to continue to taper with the goal of getting off completely?

• 1 month later...
Hi this is very common when withdrawal. i am heal now and i can assure you it gets better.  just know that these are normal symptoms when withdrawal.  Peace be with you :angel: