Dry tapering with different mg pills

[De...]

I’m going to try to explain this and still get my question out there clearly:

I have 10mg diazepam pills I’m cutting right now and using a scale for. I got the average weight of the pill and then cut pills in 5mg and 4.5mg amounts so I can take 14mg/day but evenly distribute it as best as I can. I do 4.5mg in the morning, 5mg in the afternoon, and 4.5mg at night.

If I cut a 10mg pill (using the best average weight) down to 2mg, will I be messing everything up by getting 2mg pills prescribed for when I need to go down to very low doses? I’m worried about using different mg pills and having a bad withdrawal. I don’t think I can cut a 10mg pill down to 0.25mg. It might just be powder at that point, so it would be easier to get 0.5 or

0.25mg from a 2mg pill.

What’s the general consensus or advice about switching doses when you’re using a scale?

Obviously trying to avoid major issues. I hope this made sense. 🙏🏻

Thank you ♥️

[8e...]

Right now, I'd say that the 10 mg pills are a good size for you.  There will come a time when a smaller pill will work a little better.  You'll need to do some new calculations when you make that switch, but that won't be for some time.

The switch will be easy.  We'll help you thru it if needed.

I’m going to try to explain this and still get my question out there clearly:

I have 10mg diazepam pills I’m cutting right now and using a scale for. I got the average weight of the pill and then cut pills in 5mg and 4.5mg amounts so I can take 14mg/day but evenly distribute it as best as I can. I do 4.5mg in the morning, 5mg in the afternoon, and 4.5mg at night.

If I cut a 10mg pill (using the best average weight) down to 2mg, will I be messing everything up by getting 2mg pills prescribed for when I need to go down to very low doses? I’m worried about using different mg pills and having a bad withdrawal. I don’t think I can cut a 10mg pill down to 0.25mg. It might just be powder at that point, so it would be easier to get 0.5 or

0.25mg from a 2mg pill.

What’s the general consensus or advice about switching doses when you’re using a scale?

Obviously trying to avoid major issues. I hope this made sense. 🙏🏻

Thank you ♥️

1) When I was on 15 mg, I cut from 5 mg V tabs (3 tabs).

2) Another thought is liquid V.  This comes in a 5mg V per ml solution and each bottle is 100 ml (check out google or google images).

Yesterday I also talked with a compound pharmacy - they were totally familiar with benzo tapering, we discussed it and they'll create a Diazepam solution to suit my needs (working with my doc).  The pharmacist even told me they could make up a 10 day or 1 month supply just to try it out.  I'm leaning this way because it appears to be easier to uniformly control small doseage cuts. 

Another thought is take your 10 mg tab +  5mg liquid V to taper from the 5 mg.

Whatever you decide to do.......go slow.

Thank you.

My concern is the Valium being mixed with alcohol. I don’t want any alcohol in my body, and it seems that’s the only way it’s soluble. I totally don’t understand why they mix a drug that affects GABA with a substance like alcohol that also affects GABA. Seems so counterintuitive to me. 😩

[8e...]

You can use propylene glycol instead of alcohol.

Or you can use one of the pharmaceutical compounding solutions (e.g. Ora-Plus, Ora-Sweet).  You can even make a DIY version of these solutions, but it's easier to just buy them.

The drug is soluble in a lot of solvents, but most are toxic to humans.  Alcohol turns out to be one of the few that will work that isn't too toxic.  Just coincidence that it also targets GABAA.