substitution lorazepam to prazepam

[pa...]

Hello,

In 6 week I substituted 1.37 mg of lorazepam to 31 drops of prazepam.

I read it takes about 4 weeks for the new molecule to work.

I followed the equivalence of ashton (1mgr lorazepam = 15 mgr prazepam = 41 drops prazepam)

At first I took more prazepam because it seems it was not enough.

But suddenly after fews weeks with only prazepam, It was too much.

maybe because of the accumulation of long-term half life.

I had headache, pain stomach, confusion, drowsiness , sadness and muscle stiffness.

I know it must be due to the subtitution but I'm confused because sometimes I have the feeling I take not enough prazepam

but when I increases the dosage it's getting worse.

I wonder if someone is also having trouble finding the right dose for prazepam.

and how long it can take to find a balance?

thanks by advance

I was browsing the forum and  realized that no one seems to substitute with prazepam.

I specify that I live in France. Maybe the molecule does not exist in the united states.

Bonjour, patty2015.  You are correct.  An FDA-approved version of prazepam is not currently available in the U.S.

Given that you live in France, you might want to connect with member Skalliz.  In July 2020, she launched SOS Benzo, a French benzodiazepine withdrawal support site at:

https://www.sos-benzo.fr/

Thanks for the link. I did some research, it seems that prazepam and diazepam share the same metabolite and should have the same effects.

But, i don't know if the symptoms are due to substitution or side effects or paradoxal effect (not sure if it's the right words in english) of prazepam.

I don't really know all the consequences of the substitution.

What i would like to know is, how can i measure if the symptoms are normal or abnormal, due to the substitution or not.

I tried a substition with diazepam before, it dit not succeed because i didnt tolerate it.

Thank you!

You are welcome, patty2015.

I don’t have experience with either prazepam or substitution so, regrettably, cannot offer input. 

My understanding is that many of our members are U.S. based so we may not have any currently active members who have experience with prazepam.  (Just checking ... have you used the Search function to find past posts containing the term “prazepam”?)

We do have members with experience with substitution, so let’s hope they will stop by.

In the interim, it would be helpful if you could tell us more about your experience with substituting diazepam.  What equivalence did you use?  How did you crossover?  What happened?

Hello again,

Yes, I did search with "prazepam".

There're few subjects dated to 2014-2015, some from french or english. They have finished their withdrawns

Hopefully, I'm better today.

I forget to tell that I take IRSS antidepressant now.

But by the past when I was in lorazepam/diazepam substitution I didn't.

I increase from 15 to 20 mgr and I took 1.5 mgr of melatonin instead of 1mgr yesterday.

I had very bad night since few weeks with nightmares( wake up some time in the night and can't go back to sleep).

and the day was in and up with depression, angry.

and last night It was really better. I think antidepressant reduce side effects of benzos.

I don't really understand.

I told I don't tolerate valium (diazepam) because I had symptoms that worsen my conditions.

I followed ashton's equivalence 1mg lorazepam = 10 mg diazepam.

it gave me : weakness of muscle and body and strong agitation in my head at the same time and OCD too.

It was intolerable so I get back to lorazepam.

I think in general I don't tolerate any benzodiazepine alone.

I need antidepressant to reduce side effects.

Have a nice day.

Thank you for the additional information.  I am glad you are feeling better.  Is it possible you just needed a slightly higher dose of prazepam to stabilize?

Sorry for late answer. I was very tired.

In fact I think it was the opposite. I needed less dose.

because of symptoms that resembled withdrawal plus very strong memory loss , I was wrong, it's better now that I take less.

Benzodiazepines are really tricky.