Mindfulness\Meditation Practices

[on...]

I wanted to ask a few questions here if I may?  But first, a comment\question.

Many years ago, before anxiety equaled medications, I was a daily meditator.  It was wonderful.  I stopped for many years.  You know, life got in the way  :idiot:  Since being on medication, see my signature, I have found the practice of mindfulness and meditation, harder.

Have you found meds mess with practices?  Kinda create a fog?  :'(

Has anyone found really good video guided or audio guided practices that have been helpful?  If yes, please either provide links and\or titles.

I realize there might be many different responses to that question, but hoping a common thread might emerge that would benefit all of us!

Peace!

Yes, definitely I feel that meds cause problems for meditation. I, too, was a meditator many years ago and then dropped the practice (I'm so sorry that I did this!). Over the years I kept trying to pick it back up again, but when I was put on meds to alleviate benzo symptoms, my focus was always off. YES to fogginess in the brain!

I have kept trying off and on to meditate while in the benzo mess, and one time recently it just clicked. It's much better, but it depends on what I'm going through with the benzo stuff. I hope I keep up with it because I think it's very valuable and don't want to lose it again.

I do mantra meditation, but I think guided meditation would be very valuable, too.

Meditation was hard for me when I was in the thick of withdrawal - too much fog as you say.  It has gotten much better over time.

I personally use the guided meditation app Headspace and I love it.  I've seen a lot of recommendations for the Calm app too.