Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Super anxious at .03 klonopin

[Le...]

Short term user of K. 21 days June/July. Rapid taper in the beginning horrible sx. Held at .125 and have been working my way down. I’m eager to get off this drug, but am nervous of the repercussions, currently at .03 and not feeling great. Coming to this site adds to my anxiety !

Anxiety is normal when tapering.  Your dose is still too high to stop.  The suggested stop dose is .025 mgs klonopin.  What was your start dose?  When was your last cut?  How long do you put between reductions? 

You will be okay.  Avoid overdoing it here in BB.  The support is real, but I also had to stop hanging out here.  It made me more anxious.  Remember, at least half of benzo tapers go very well with minimal issues.  You are a short term user.  Take your time but keep going.

Anxiety is normal when tapering.  Your dose is still too high to stop.  The suggested stop dose is .025 mgs klonopin.  What was your start dose?  When was your last cut?  How long do you put between reductions? 

You will be okay.  Avoid overdoing it here in BB.  The support is real, but I also had to stop hanging out here.  It made me more anxious.  Remember, at least half of benzo tapers go very well with minimal issues.  You are a short term user.  Take your time but keep going.

I started at 1mg, but had stopped a week to take buspar and had bad sx. Then cut it to .5 and was put on Zoloft and that was really bad. stopped  taking Zoloft .. and now just on the last bit of Klonopin.

I was doing a 50 day titaration on the last .125 taking a ml out a day.  Praying all goes well !

you got this just expect any rough road and believe in yourself. reciting mary had a little lamb in my head slowed my anxiety

Thanks! Just tried it 👍🏼

Your taper looks good, I understand you're still feeling symptoms but this is normal for this process.  Can you tell us your specific concerns?

Your taper looks good, I understand you're still feeling symptoms but this is normal for this process.  Can you tell us your specific concerns?

I guess I’m just in a panic- that I screwed up early on. And it will effect my recovery, feeling doubtful. And scared to come off the Klonopin in fear of causing more damage

Lexlu - I felt so anxious at the tail end of my taper.  I don't know why, but I have heard from many people that this has been true for them too.  I actually felt the same right after I finished my taper as well, but then it started getting better, finally.  Don't worry so much about this anxiety, unfortunately, it may just be par for the course. 

Lexlu - I felt so anxious at the tail end of my taper.  I don't know why, but I have heard from many people that this has been true for them too.  I actually felt the same right after I finished my taper as well, but then it started getting better, finally.  Don't worry so much about this anxiety, unfortunately, it may just be par for the course.

Thank you for perspective, I know it’s natural to be panicked/anxious- I just know that once I’m off there’s no way I can go back on. I have this doom feeling that I’ll never get better ! I can mostly talk myself down, but after writing my history and seeing what happened in such a short period of time, has me thinking the worst!

While your taper history is a bit erratic, it's a short taper history and this is the best part.  I agree with GreenCup that what you're feeling is normal for this process and to be expected but the fact that you were on the drug for such a short time is something to be hopeful about.

Another thing to consider, I didn't taper, I quit cold turkey and I recovered in about the same time frame as some who taper so no matter how we go about this process, most of us have a pretty good shot at coming out of it whole.

While your taper history is a bit erratic, it's a short taper history and this is the best part.  I agree with GreenCup that what you're feeling is normal for this process and to be expected but the fact that you were on the drug for such a short time is something to be hopeful about.

Another thing to consider, I didn't taper, I quit cold turkey and I recovered in about the same time frame as some who taper so no matter how we go about this process, most of us have a pretty good shot at coming out of it whole.

Thank you thank you, I guess I feel like I’m nearing the end, and doubting everything I’ve done so far to come this far. Have fear of the unknown once I stop ,, PTSD from when I first tried getting off having no clue.

Can I ask for an opinion as far as how much more tapering I should do ? I know it’s ultimately up to me. I contemplate if the amount I’m taking is even saving me from pain. But wonder if it is. 

Fear is a huge component of this process so you doubting everything is perfectly normal, this is why we're here, to talk you through this.  Some members taper down to 0 so they can know they've done absolutely everything possible to ensure a smooth landing but you're right, I doubt you're getting any benefit from your dose.

No matter how low in dose you go from this point, you're still going to feel symptoms when you're done, your brain still has work to do, so whatever you decide, be prepared for more of the same for awhile.