Here To Help

[Ca...]

Whats up I joined this forum because maybe I can help out, I was taking Benzos Since I was 18 years old I went on a partying rampage from the age of 20 to 24 My body was physically dependent of Benzos for years I know how this stuff is (waking up and feeling the death shakes and thinking your not gonna live through this) I was taking everything from Xanax to getting stuff shipped from a different country called etazolam (Probably not the correct spelling) Ive takin all of it, tried tapering, Went twice to a private detox center in AZ that was 2k a night. have been through all the stuff with this drug. I went to a detox center win Scottsdale with a fast 1 week death taper is what I would call it these days (or it felt like) haven't touched that shit since November and will never touch it again. I was hooked off a doctors prescription, Never abused it just got so deep into taking to relive my anxiety it was a short term solution to life issues

Edit: Removed profanity

Hi CapitaRider,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! I'll post a few links that you may find helpful. I'm glad that you are now off of benzos. It sure is a daunting process. I'm ten months into my taper but slowly getting there. I'll post the link to the Success Stories board in case you would like to share the story of how you successfully got off of the drugs.

Success Stories

I will also post the link for the Post Recovery board which is helpful for any challenges you may still be having.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Also, feel free to check out any of the boards that seem helpful to you. This is a great place to share your experiences with others and also to get help in all the different stages of the recovery process. We are glad you have joined us here. Again, welcome!

SRR

Whats up I joined this forum because maybe I can help out, I was taking Benzos Since I was 18 years old I went on a partying rampage from the age of 20 to 24 My body was physically dependent of Benzos for years I know how this stuff is (waking up and feeling the death shakes and thinking your not gonna live through this) I was taking everything from Xanax to getting stuff shipped from a different country called etazolam (Probably not the correct spelling) Ive takin all of it, tried tapering, Went twice to a private detox center in AZ that was 2k a night. have been through all the stuff with this drug. I went to a detox center win Scottsdale with a fast 1 week death taper is what I would call it these days (or it felt like) haven't touched that shit since November and will never touch it again. I was hooked off a doctors prescription, Never abused it just got so deep into taking to relive my anxiety it was a short term solution to life issues

Well, welcome from someone working on getting the word benzo out of my vocabulary and my system.  Even though there are many stories of success here on BB, it's always nice to hear one more !

May I ask what replaced the benzos to help with life's issues?  Only if you're comfortable sharing that.

Once again, welcome and thanks!