To Get back 2 Life Before Benzodiazepines

[SU...]

I have a long history with klonopin. Unfortunately I experienced going through withdrawals.I am here for support & to be helpful if possible. I am starting to taper. 0.5mg to start. My goal is to eventually get to a lower dose. Wish all of the people on here the best regardless of their situation . Their is hope.

Hello SU2R9V and welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you've joined us!  You'll find good information here as well as support from others who understand what this process is like.  The information and support on the forum can make all the difference in helping you taper Klonopin. 

In general we suggest tapering with cuts of no more than 5-10% every week or two, or longer as symptoms allow, in order to keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum and allow you to function as well as possible.

Please explore the site and feel free to post with questions about your situation.

You'll find the taper models we support on this board: Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

We also recommend members see The Ashton Manual for an overview of benzo withdrawal, a taper model that works well for many, and a discussion of many common withdrawal symptoms.

To connect with other members for support during your taper: Withdrawal Support (during your taper) 

It’s helpful to create a signature so other members who want to reply to your posts can see where you are in the process. Here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

Welcome!

Brighterday  :)

I have a long history with klonopin. Unfortunately I experienced going through withdrawals.I am here for support & to be helpful if possible. I am starting to taper. 0.5mg to start. My goal is to eventually get to a lower dose. Wish all of the people on here the best regardless of their situation . Their is hope.

Hi!  I wanted to say welcome, as a Klonopin person currently tapering, slowly.  I know all benzos are horrible, but think Klonopin must take a tie for first place.  Before I was "put" on K, I was on xanax for only about 4 months.  My psychiatrist, with no bad attention, thought I could taper pretty quickly.  Well, to no ones surprise, it found me in the ER, in severe w\d.  So, now, introduce the K.  From my signature, you can see I've been on it for 2+ years.  Once, tried to taper it, but once again, the schedule was not one in harmony with the slow gradually tapers, I've learned, here from the BB community.  It was one of those, down to .25, "skip a dose, skip a day", tapers. 

So, here "WE" are.  I know there's hope, even during this time of Pandemic and a govt....well, we aren't supposed to be political, just throw in climate change, enough.  I'm 69yo, don't know how much time I have left here on earth, but would love to know life, benzo free.

We can only be here with each other, meaning the BB folks.  I'm hopeful and glad I'm here and glad to know you are too!

Peace.