Heart palpitations group

[Sh...]

I’ve noticed a lot of buddies with heart symptoms and thought we could start a group so we can chat about it.

Heart palpitations and chest pain are some of my worst symptoms. Very debilitating some days. Heat packs and electrolytes help sometimes. I also have bad insomnia which would be contributing to Palps. I was diagnosed with afib earlier this year but this was during tolerance wd.

Just looking for support with this symptom and advice on what has helped others x

I take propranolol for heart palpitations when they’re particularly bad. It’s been a big help, plus it slows down my heart rate when it’s going crazy. I had bad chest pain and palpitations this morning and it helped. I only take it when needed as it’s a medication that requires tapering if you take it regularly.

Thanks kits I just know it sometimes causes insomnia and I certainly don’t need any more of that so I just just scared of that aspect of beta blockers

Palpitations were one of my worst symptoms earlier in withdrawal.  I used propranolol as needed and it was really helpful.  It helped with other physical symptoms of anxiety too - like adrenaline/cortisol surges.  I didn't find it disrupted my sleep.

I was careful to take it only as needed because I worried about developing another dependency and having to taper off it.  I never took it more than a few days in a row and at this point I haven't taken it in a couple of months(knock on wood!).

Thanks ladies I might get some and give it a go. I know a lot of people suffer with this so it definitely helps to hear what has helped u x Thanku for the advice

I take it as needed every 6 hours, but usually only need it once or twice a day. I took it this morning, but so far don’t think I’ll need to take it again today. Fingers crossed.