Day 1

[He...]

Thought I’d pop back on here and let everyone know how grateful I am for this forum, and for the advice I received here. After tapering from 0.25 for 3.5 months, I took my last dose yesterday and decided to jump after reaching 0.025 mg of clonazepam.

I’m apprehensive, a little weary, but thankful and glad I’ve been able to make this step.

So far only thing I’ve noticed are some heart palpitations (which I sometimes get with SSRI adjustments, anyway). It has been less than 48 hrs still.. so I guess it’s the beginning of acute? I know any symptoms can seem to crop up anytime, but I’ll try my best to manage it in stride.

[57...]

Healingeveryday,

A huge congratulations on your jump!  Making the leap to zero is huge!!  I can relate to your apprehension since I had it also when I jumped.  I hope you take extra good care of yourself in the coming days and stay close to your supports/things that sustain you.

Kate  :smitten:

Benzo free is a good thing but what I'm especially grateful for are your realistic expectations, this is a journey and you're forging your way ahead.  :smitten:

:) Thanks so much, everyone! So far I’m doing well! Here’s to hoping someday I’ll get one of those windows  ;) I’ve felt the same for over 2 years of symptoms while still on it.. so maybe I was in tolerance withdrawal.. I never upped my dosage over 7 years.. just lowered it and/or stayed the same for years worth of time each.