My benzo, doxyramine, ssri story

[Vl...]

I had taken clonazepam 0.5mg, escitalopram10mg(ssri), and doxyramine(sleep aid, otc) for 2 years.

And 7/30 2020, i decided to get out of this pills and smoking.

So i cold turkeyed, but people said the symptoms will go away in a month. But they didnt go away, i beared for 5 weeks.

And asked to my doctor. Whats wrong with me. And he said. The pills already got out of your body. So the symptoms are maybe a new disease. Then i just got back on the pills except sleep aid, doxyramine.

At that time, i felt so miserable. And im korean  and not good at english. Theres not much info in korea about these medications.

I read a blog saying it should be slow like 50% 2weeks.

So i did way fast taper again. Also except doxyramine

Some day i started to research in english not korean. And so many infos i found, so i got back on again. Also except doxyramine, the sleep aid(otc).

But the symptoms stll happening to me. I got better since im.back. but not all of them disappeared.

And i heard that once someone cold turkeyed, the symptoms dont go away even if i go back on the pills....

So im wondering these are coming from doxyramine or benzo or ssri?

[c9...]

Hello Vladivostok1, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm glad you have found us.  No worries about your English, I understand your post very well.  I'm sorry you are having such a round time.  It is hard to say which medicine in causing your symptoms and maybe it is a combination.  Many of us here have symptoms for longer than a month after stopping or tapering off.  The good news is most of us do heal.

Here is a link to the Post-Withdrawl message board for those who are already off benzos:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Here is a link to the Other Medications message board where you can post about medications other than benzos:

Other Medications

We are a supportive community here at BenzoBuddies.  Let us know how we can help you.

Best and again, welcome,

Kate