Tapering off of Clonasapam 1 mg

[Al...]

Hi all ,

I  am looking to start a Clonasapam taper and am thankful for this group . I have taken Clonasapam for approximately 8 yrs daily .

I’m looking for help with a slow taper .

Hello Alexandra Blaze, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We'll be happy to help you taper from Clonazepam, can you tell us a little more about your situation, are you currently experiencing any odd symptoms which you think may be due to tolerance, this is when your body needs more to achieve the same effect.  Also, what is your dose and will you have your Dr's cooperation in providing enough pills to do a safe slow taper?

We typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week or two depending on your symptoms, a slow taper can minimize them because it's important to remain functional.

You'll want to visit our taper board to see the methods we support and it might be helpful to take a look at our support board so you can connect with others going through this.

Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

I'd also like to provide a link to  The Ashton Manual, it will help you understand what benzo's do to us and chapter 3 will list any symptoms you might have or can expect while you taper and recover from your Clonazepam use.

We're glad you found us, please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster