Short term use huge withdrawal

[Cp...]

I am perscribed aderall and i used xannax to help me sleep for about two months started at .5 now I’m at about 1.5 a night

I tried to stop and i got the worst insomnia also chest pains that were unbearable . Looking for suggestions on best way to stop . I did obtain them illegally so I’m worried if i go to a medical professsional i would get in trouble but i want to be done

Hello Cpb9174 and Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you've joined us!  You've come to the right place for good information and support to help you with a taper off of Xanax.  This is a community of supportive members who understand what this process is like.  The information and support you find here can make an enormous difference in successfully tapering off benzos!

We generally suggest tapering with cuts of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days or longer depending on symptoms.  A slow careful taper like this is the best way we know of to keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum so you're able to function as well as possible during withdrawal.  Some members taper even more slowly and make smaller cuts.

Now that you're a member please explore the site and feel free to post.  Here are links to help you get started:

The Ashton Manual - we recommend members read this resource on benzo withdrawal.

You'll find descriptions of tapering models we support on this board:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

To connect with others for support- you may want to start a new topic with questions about your situation:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper).

We're glad you're here - please reach out for support!

Brighterday :)