Trying to switch over to Valium after failed klonopin taper.

[Ho...]

Hello every one.My benzo story started when I was 43,today I'm 63,so I've  been on Ativan,switched to klonopin because Ativan caused me depression. 5 yrs later klonopin  caused me depression. Was never depressed until I took that benzo.I tried to go off my klonopin with a 2 yr taper.Failed was still in the mist of withdraws,horrible my spine was on fire and couldn't drink or eat.I believed the taper didn't  work because my doctor took me off .5 right way.So now I'm  going to start a long slow taper with Valium .Need any advice you have to offer.Thank you

Hello Hopeace1, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You sound determined to be successful this time and I'm sure you will be, I've heard Valium is much smoother to taper than the other benzo's.  Do you have a Dr who is willing to prescribe it for you and in the amounts you'll need to do a super slow taper?

We can help you design your taper, you can find the methods we support here: Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

I'm also providing a link to the Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board so you can connect with others who are going through this too, it's so important to have people who understand.

We're glad you found us, please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Thank you Pamster.Hate to say it but I'm  so needy.Would love a tapering chart.Yes I talked my doctor into a slow taper,but not sure how long means to him.Any help would be great.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Pamster ,Started my switch over to 30mgs of valium. On 10 mgs of valium now,nights.Next step will be mornings.Does it make a difference on how fast I switch.Or just stick with the Ashton schedule. I will get 90 more 5mgs on Tuesday November 10th.

Thank you

Hi Hopeace1, I don't have any experience with Valium so I'm going to give you a link to some folks how do.  Its just a thread so no need to start a new topic, just hit reply and ask your question, I don't want to give you bad advice.  Here is the link.  Valium Support Group