Early taper help

[sa...]

I am so happy to have found this forum.  I have been on Xanax (o.5mg 3 times a day).  It never worried be because I took as prescribed, and never thought twice about it.  My Dr retired and new Dr. does not want to continue prescribing this amount and told me to taper. I began researching and was shocked at what I read.  I tapered from 3 pills to two daily three weeks ago.  I take one at night and break the other in half and take them in morning and the other half in afternoon .  It has not been as awful as I thought  it would be.  Have several symptoms, but none are awful.  Have stayed home and taken taken care of myself.  I plan on a small taper next week.  Does this seem too fast.? I am worried that I will start having worsened symptoms..  Should I expect it to get worse?  Thanks to all.

Hi savescotus :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies.

We are glad you joined our community.  You will find some valuable  support and information on the forum.  You will be okay, you can do this!  How long have you been on benzos?  It looks to me like you are tapering too quick,  although you seem to be coping okay.  Benzodiazepines should be tapered slowly.  Reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb.  Taper at a rate you feel comfortable with, the aim is to keep any symptoms manageable.

I would recommend reading through the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect these drugs have on our body.  As well as tapering and withdrawal information, It includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

The Xanax Club

If you care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita