Passion flower tea or valarian Tea for sleep?

[el...]

I am wondering what people have used to sleep?  Is Passion flower tea or valerian tea something people have used?  I am thinking also of melatonin. I am very sensitive to many medications.  Some one else mentioned z NyQuil.. it has a lot of things in it it though.  Thanks Elise

Might want to be careful with passion flower since I believe that it messes around with GABA receptors. Benzo withdrawal more or less ends when these receptors are able to return to their normal function. I alternate between melatonin and L-Tryptophan as sleep aids, but these, and virtually all supplements and OTC sleep pills, have minimal effect while deep in withdrawal insomnia. They do help on nights when recovery sleep is a possibility anyway.

Hi, according to your signature, you are not completely off yet?

True healing/recovery will not occur until you are off and that includes sleep returning.

Most people take way too much melatonin.  0.3mg is the amount to start with and is around what the average person makes naturally each night.

Hi, according to your signature, you are not completely off yet?

True healing/recovery will not occur until you are off and that includes sleep returning.

Most people take way too much melatonin.  0.3mg is the amount to start with and is around what the average person makes naturally each night.

Just want to comment on the dosing of Melatonin. I am thinking that the higher dosages found in most supplements account for what doesn't actually make it into the bloodstream when ingested orally. Kind of like shooting at a distant target with a shotgun. The more more pellets, the greater the chance of scoring a hit.

Thanks fir the replies. Last night slept 15 hours.  Now tonite no sleep again.  Is this what you mean you will get enough sleep until it’s over?  So afraid will fail my taper.  At .125 mg Xanax.  Wonder if should stop taoer until sleeping better?  My doctors are not helping me.  Eluse

You have to do what is best for you, but I would keep going with your taper.  There really isn't any way to avoid getting your sleep back to "normal" until you are completely off

the Xanax.

15 hours in one night is amazing.  I averaged 5-10 hours per week for months

I went on a pattern of getting some sleep one night and then none the next night for months too.

I wouldn't worry about the amount of hours you get each night because it takes some time for most for sleep to even out.  Ashton says 6-12 months as a general guideline.

Some take more time a few less time, either way sleep will slowly return on its own after your taper ends.

Try chamomile tea it does have a calming effect. My sleep had improved but now started getting really bad again at 21 months off zopiclone for some reason. Just ordered some valerian drops as they've helped me in the past. Think it's case just try various things. Really thought got past this but seems not unfortunately.