Ready to taper

[Hi...]

Hello, I’ve joined before but never started my taper (but read enough info to figure which route to go). I forgot my login info  so had to redo that. Ready to start now!

Hello HiImHoward :hug:  Welcome back to Benzobuddies

We are pleased you are here, I am sure you will know your way around the forum.  Hopefully you will give us an update on your present benzodiazepine situation.  It’s great that you are ready to taper. 

I will leave you a few convenient links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

If you would like to add your signature again, listing your meds,doses ets.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome back

Magrita

Thanks guys, I’ve read the Ashton manual, and did a lot of reading about the different methods of tapering when I was here before. I think I’m going to do the micro taper (daily) using the scale, direct from Xanax. I’ve been using Xanax several years now, the Drs just kinda put me on it and forgot me more or less.. since 2007 I think, they even upped my dose without even talking about it with me for some reason. I started on .25, but I ended up currently (for several years) at 1.5 mgs a day (I think), three .25’s morning and night. I wasn’t having any problem with the drug, I had to change Drs and found out the Drs in my area won’t take new patients on Xanax, but found one that would if I agreed to get off of it, of course I did, after he explained all the problems this drug can cause.. I was totally clueless. The horror stories scare me.. but here I go, no choice, and I really don’t need the drug anyway.. 👍🏻

You mention not having problems with the drug, does this mean no interdose, no tolerance?  When you were a member before, were you suffering from any symptoms?  Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm trying to figure out if you're going to experience problems, some people can get off these drugs with little to no issues. 

I'm glad you've found a Dr who will take you as a patient, the rules are getting tighter for benzo's and I'm glad to see it but worried too many will be thrown off the drug cold turkey. 

If you'd like you can start a thread on the direct taper board and we can get started figuring out a taper plan for you.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0