How to relief really bad headaches!

[Ga...]

I have been having really bad headaches lately and am wondering if anyone has found something that relieves the severity of it.  I cannot take Nsaids as I am in a blood thinner.  The last five days the headaches start first thing in the morning and tamper down a little in the late evening?  Anyone have any suggestions, it would be so appreciated :smitten:

No....being on a blood thinner prevents me from taking it.  Are you having bad headaches also?  I noticed them getting worse at the same time I started to hear crackling sounds in my right ear! 

[d9...]

I healed some years ago, so no more headaches for me.  During my withdrawal I took ibuprofen (almost daily), but it's an NSAID (acetaminophen is not).

There are some meditations that I learned many years ago that can help with pain in general.  But it takes some practice.

Thanks for your reply!  How long did your headaches last?  I will try meditation again; my primary doctor is Chinese, so he also encourages me to meditate at least once daily.  Hard to do when the pain is so bad :'(

Hello Garden. Sorry to read about your headaches. I had them pretty bad most of the day for about a month straight after tapering. Now I have them every once in awhile. When I get them, I also meditate being very still dark and quiet ( wear ear plugs). I place a cool towel on my forehead dipped in rose water.  I also sniff a little bit of Vicks vapor rub before I lay down. The menthol helps open the sinuses to get more oxygen to the brain. I take slow deep breaths about 3 times. Then breath normal a few minutes then back to 3 slow breaths. Tylenol is acetaminophen. It isn't an NSAID. You should be ok taking one extra strength or even a half. I've even gotten relief from a gentle scalp massage. As if I'm rubbing shampoo in my hair but on the scalp. This improves circulation to the head reducing constricted blood vessels ( which causes headaches). Added benefit of scalp massage is it promotes hair growth.  :thumbsup: