scared

[sh...]

I am 19 from Ireland and I have been taking Xanax for over a year now and I really need to stop and taper myself off them and I just really need help.

Hello Shaneireland,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! We are glad you are here!

This is a great place to figure out a taper plan and to get help from others who are going through a similar experience. I am a long time prescribed user of Xanax and am currently tapering off of the drug. In my experience, the best way to taper is with a steady and slow approach.

I'll post links that will help get you started. The first is the Taper board which is a good place to check out how others are tapering and to figure out a taper for yourself.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

I'll also post the Withdrawal Support board. This is a great place to ask specific questions about anything you need help with around the issue of tapering and withdrawal.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

I'll also include a link to the Ashton Manual which is a great resource in helping you with information about benzos in general and taper advice. Dr. Ashton recommends doing a slow and steady taper by reducing 5 to 10 percent of your dose every 7 to 10 days.

The Ashton Manual

Again, welcome! We are glad you have joined us. Feel free to browse and comment on any of the other boards that seem helpful to you.

SRR

Hello Shane :hug:

Welcome to the forum from me too.  I know its scary,  I remember feeling just like you do now.  Try not to worry, you are making the right decision for your future health.  Stay positive and be patient, slow is the way to go,  It may take a while but i promise its worth it. 

You might like to check out this support group

The Xanax Club

It will get better!

Magrita :smitten:

[0a...]
go slow and eat as clean as possible. dont try taking too many supplements just givr your body what it needs and go slllllooooowwwww

Hi Shane,

You've come to the right place, plenty of support and knowledge here to help you through. I know it's difficult but try not to worry too much. Have a look around the forum, and ask any questions. There will always be someone to help guide you, and offer support

Welcome on board