Currently tapering off of Klonopin after 16 years of dependence.

[...]

When I was 17 years old I was prescribed Xanax because of tachycardia that was misdiagnosed as panic. They gave me .5mg to take 3 times a day that I ended up taking everyday for about 4 years until I quit cold turkey off of it. For the months following c/t I started dealing with what I now believe to be withdrawal symptoms. I went to the doctor and they said I was having anxiety and gave me Klonopin in which at first worked but overtime they kept having to up the dose. I ended up on 3mg daily (1mg 3x a day) for over 12 more years (now over 16 years on a Benzodiazepine). After dealing with what I now believe to be tolerance I decided to taper down over the past 6 months and I am currently at .25mg Klonopin (.125 twice a day). I began dealing with a lot of symptoms and started doing research and came across this site. I recently started to realize what I may have been dealing with after being able to relate to the stories I had read. It has been a rough road but I am trying to stay hopeful that this nightmare will end. After having a tough time and finding out more information on tapering I decided to dry micro taper the last .25mg’s. This is an insidious situation in which I hope will soon pass. Sending much love to all in the midst of this battle and thankful to those who share their experience and hope to people like me.

[4c...]

Hello Kgee, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm glad you have found our community.  Way to go on the great progress you've made on tapering Klonopin!  I recently tapered off the same dose you were on so I can relate to your story.  I also micro tapered at the end and slowed down a bit.

I'm sorry you are having withdrawl symptoms but most of us do.  I was fortunate as I had a lot of healing during my taper. Here is a link to the Withdrawl Support boards:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Take you time and look around this site as many years of helpful information is contained here.  When you feel ready, you can start a thread.  Let us know how we can help you.

Best and again, welcome,

Kate