Long term clonazepam user seeking freedom

[se...]

Hi there, just came across this board as i was researching water titration for clonazepam. I am 61. I have lived with panic and anxiety and agoraphobia and all the bells and whistles for my whole life, and been on the entire alphabet of meds of various kinds. I have been taking clonazepam only now (after going cold turkey off serzone a long time ago - have to say the roughest ride of my life) for over a decade, and after many disappointing attempts to titrate dry off the clonazepam, i cam across the water titration method. I am so keen to be free of the shackles of medication and find some calm, and I hope I can find some good advice and support here as i work through the liquid titration, hopefully to finally be drug free in the end! :)

thanks sC

Hello  sC :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

It’s good to have you here!  You are making a great decision tapering off your clonazepam. The best way to come off benzodiazepines is a slow taper. The suggested taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days.  Some of us need to taper more slowly, you can adjust the rate depending on how you feel.  You will learn more about titration tapering on our taper plans board, and you will receive plenty of support and encouragement here.

I suggest you read through the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect these drugs have on our body.  As well as taper/withdrawal information, it lists  possible withdrawal symptoms symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

You might like to check out this Klonopin support thread.

Klonopin Klub 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thank you for the warm welcome and encouragement. I'll follow all your suggestions, and definitely join the klonopin klub.

Warmly

Sc

Welcome to "my" club.  I'm 69yo and just started my Klonopin taper.

There are lots of folks like us here, all supportive!

Word of caution, because I found myself there.  Don't read too much, especially the horror stories and ones that make you doubt why you're here. 

I'm no expert or book of knowledge, but I'm learning.  A few weeks ago I didn't know what the Ashton Manuel was, a Scale to weigh my taper, the formulas needed (I hate math), etc.

But day by day, I'm learning and have started this part of my journey.  Asking myself, why now, Covid, govt unrest, climate change, on and on... but, if not now, when?

I wish you my best!

Thank you oneday, and yes, my thoughts exactly. If not now, when?! People keep saying to me, now's not the time, you have x, y or z going on, you are nearing the end of your Phd (lol, that refrain is never ending!) and the world is a nightmare trainwreck. It's, literally, now or never. Thanks :)

sC