suffering gastroparesis

[Bu...]

I began taking 1mg of lorazapam before bed in 2016 then also began taking .5mg twice during the day following a total hysterectomy in 2018.

A little over 4 1/2 weeks ago, I completed my taper, which took more than 5 months and was rocky.During the taper, I was diagnosed with gastroparesis with a gastric emptying scan. I had gastrointestinal problems (SIBO, food sensitivities, IBS) the whole 4 years I was on the med and dropped to 92 pounds at one point (I'm 5'5").

In addition to the gastroparesis, I am still experiencing anxiety, insomnia, and a whole host of other worrisome withdrawal symptoms.It is my hope that the gastrointestinal and all other symptoms will go away at some point, but still I worry.

When will this be over?

Hello ButterflyHope, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Congratulations on being benzo free, I wish you felt better though.  I don't know anything about gastroparesis but I know many of our members are dealing with stomach issues, perhaps you can start a thread on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support  board to get input from other members about their experience.

I do know that a month is very early in terms of recovery so I'm hopeful you'll be able to leave the other symptoms which I do have experience with behind you.  It's normal to worry we won't recover, fear is a huge component of this process but most of us go on to do just that.

We're happy you found us, please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

butterfly, yes it will all be over. Probably not as quickly as you'd like, but it will be over.

I dropped 45 pounds on my taper. (I'm 5' 6"). My gut was so disturbed I could hardly eat anything. I was constantly nauseated, dizzy, headachy, and couldn't sleep.

BUT . . . once my taper was over, slowly and gradually I began to feel like a human being. It took about a year for my appetite to show even a smidgen of returning, but it did (helped along by indica mj which gives you the munchies). The other nasty s/x ebbed in tandem, and when I could FINALLY eat ice cream again, I almost cried from happiness.

So, yes, I believe you will get better. It's just going to take a while. You're very newly off your taper. My advice: be kind to yourself. Don't expect too much. And have faith. You're on a path many of us have trodden before. It's miserable, and infuriating that we had to lose years from our lives, but eventually your ordeal will imo be in the rear view mirror.

Hope this helps,

:smitten:

Katz

Thank you Katz and Pamster for your kind words and honesty. It means so much to me just to feel I'm not alone and that I will get though this.

:smitten:

ButterflyHOPE

Hi butterfly x I have severe gi symptoms too and had lost 12-15 kilos at one point. Had every test under the sun. Lots of us have gi issues so u aren’t alone x I wish u fast healing xx