My ex is wanting me to go to detox

[li...]

I dont feel it is the right choice for me but he keeps pushing me. Im so sick and have many medical issues and even though Im in severe tolerence withdrawls and suffering very much, I dont know if I  can handle a detox. I keep telling him they give you meds that I cant take because Im super sensitive plus I tried most meds in the past and it didnt help me. He says they monitor you there your sleep and help you. Is this true? Im on medicaid I wonder what kind of care I would get. Do they monitor you? He thinks that I would get more sleep in rehab (im only sleeping an hour or so a night) and that the doctors could do more testing on all my medical needs in rehab. I somehow doubt that....

His version sounds nice, -send your ex instead.. :(

...Well perhaps get it in writing first..!!

I guess it depends where you go and what you actually want from them, -Im not sure I could find my detox post here now, but your imagination is on the right track... Not a care and not a clue. they refused to cater for very obvious and documented physical injury (from my accident)..

Just like prison as best I can tell..

Ok, in all seriousness, -because it is serious, have a read through some of the old threads from years ago on the subject, note private vs state run, and find out as much as you can about where you might go, If they can help with what you need, and yes, I would send a list of questions compiled as you research, and see if you even get an answer in writing..

I had many people in high places (within their system) looking out for me and it was still touch n go with basic human rights.. More like WW3, and they tried to psych ward me to save face and prevent contact with my support... This wasnt treatment related, just a power trip based on “break the addict”... 

Ill stop, -It was just crazy..!! Oh, it was for the last 25% of oxycontin, but they took the Valium and all other meds, even laxatives too..  No phones, visitors, and a locked door..

If you DO need inpatient help, then lets try to find the right fit for you, if available..

Pls dont let another person pressure you into the unknown, even if they are desperate to help you any way they can..

Sending strength...

:)

I agree with Cantfly - your ex has a romanticized notion of what detox/rehab looks like.  What we see on the forum is that it almost never works out well.  The primary reason is that these facilities keep you for such short time -  you're not there long enough for them to actually help you stabilize and taper slowly and carefully.  From what we see, the result is you end up being discharged to cope with withdrawal symptoms on your own.

It looks like your main goal is to find a way to stabilize on your current meds.  I suggest you ask for guidance on this here: Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

I guess it depends where you go and what you actually want from them, -Im not sure I could find my detox post here now, but your imagination is on the right track... Not a care and not a clue. they refused to cater for very obvious and documented physical injury (from my accident)..

Ok, in all seriousness, -because it is serious, have a read through some of the old threads from years ago on the subject, note private vs state run, and find out as much as you can about where you might go, If they can help with what you need, and yes, I would send a list of questions compiled as you research, and see if you even get an answer in writing..

I had many people in high places (within their system) looking out for me and it was still touch n go with basic human rights.. More like WW3, and they tried to psych ward me to save face and prevent contact with my support... This wasnt treatment related, just a power trip based on “break the addict”... 

Ill stop, -It was just crazy..!! Oh, it was for the last 25% of oxycontin, but they took the Valium and all other meds, even laxatives too..  No phones, visitors, and a locked door..

If you DO need inpatient help, then lets try to find the right fit for you, if available..

Pls dont let another person pressure you into the unknown, even if they are desperate to help you any way they can..

Sending strength...

Cantfly. Wow that sounded awful :(  Im so sorry you had to go through that  Wow even took awway your laxatives? Why would they do that? I would be screwed since I have major issues with my bowels and need laxative to eliminate. And also that they refused to cater to your medcal needs from your accident. I had a feeling about these places. I am sure private pay would be better than medicaid places but I dont think I could handle any rehab place

I agree with Cantfly - your ex has a romanticized notion of what detox/rehab looks like.  What we see on the forum is that it almost never works out well.  The primary reason is that these facilities keep you for such short time -  you're not there long enough for them to actually help you stabilize and taper slowly and carefully.  From what we see, the result is you end up being discharged to cope with withdrawal symptoms on your own.

It looks like your main goal is to find a way to stabilize on your current meds.  I suggest you ask for guidance on this here: Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Thanks for the link Brighterday. I couldnt really find anything to help me get stabalized. I know how to do taper plan because I did it back in 2007 although I may need  a refresher my main concenr is how do I start tapering when Im this awful shape and plus I need ot still get oral surgery.  I ws thinking of the valium crossover but I feel its too risky since some people have such a hard time with it and with my luck I would be one of those people. Still trying to adjust to changing the generic manufacturer of my clonazepam from Solco to Teva since Sep 19th and it has been incredibly brutal. I should have stayed on Solco and tapered from there slowly. It feels like at times I cold turkeyed when I swithced over to Teva. Huge huge difference in how it abosrbs in my body.  I know I cant switch back to Solco because I did the same thing in July. I ws on Solco wanted to stabaliz swithed to Actavis for 3 days didnt give it enough time, It probably would have been better than the Teva if I gave it time looking back but I panicked and switched back to Solco which was way more potent and then it put me in severe tolrence withdrawls. You would think I would learn my lesson and just stay on it and deal with it but after almost two months of trying to stabaliized I did that switch to Teva and with every fiber of my being regret it. If only I had slowly taperd off the Solco I would have been in way better shape. I cant even imagine how much I kindled myslef with these changes because it was up and down in the amojunt of dose in my body even though supposedly they are all .5mg.....

Sending strength...

Cantfly. Wow that sounded awful :(  Im so sorry you had to go through that  Wow even took awway your laxatives? Why would they do that? I would be screwed since I have major issues with my bowels and need laxative to eliminate. And also that they refused to cater to your medcal needs from your accident. I had a feeling about these places. I am sure private pay would be better than medicaid places but I dont think I could handle any rehab place

Remember there is a difference between Detox and Rehab (but I imagine some places do both).. -But thats another story, Iv never done Rehab...

If I had to go somewhere Id pick a nice Health Retreat and “forget” my meds.. :)

Lol, they didnt like the look of the white powder that is Osmolax/Miralax.. (in a sealed unopened container)..

Sorry your still in such a tough spot.. Im not sure which way you should go.. -I didnt really get any stability to speak of till I got lower in dose, but thats my sad story.. Im good at doing things the hard way it seems..

I guess I had room for some trial and error, and kinda seesaw’d my way down.. So far, every time iv just about given up, something gave way at the last moment and led me to the next step.. I did run my own slow race though, so what others experienced didnt dictate my choices too much (within reason)..

Edit: last paragraph ^^ not about detox choice, but finding stability and tapering.. Time vs pushing on...

Strength to you..

Almost all detox centers are nothing more than a CT under medical supervision!

I did Dr. Coleman's Flumazenil detox in Richmond, VA about 6 weeks after I jumped CT and it didn't really help me or at least it didn't help where I noticed any improvement.

People that don't have to go through WD and then healing/recovery have no clue what it's like and it's easy for them to tout the "benefits." 

The reality is they are being selfish and want a quick solution to your symptoms and there are not any.

There are no shortcuts, pills, potions, or detoxes that can speed up the healing/recovery process.

I'd advise against it.