Caffeine hurt the taper process?

[CC...]

Does caffeine raise glutamate levels?  When I drink coffee during my taper I sometimes experience severe hypnotic jerks when I try to sleep.  When I drink very little caffeine during the day or none I don't get many hypnotic jerks. Anyone else experience this?  Also does high glutamate levels during the taper cause restless leg?

Caffeine is a natural stimulant and can affect sleep and amp up your symptoms depending on when you drink it, how fast your body eliminates it and how you generally respond to it.

I had a "type" of restless leg syndrome during WD from high glutamate levels too.  I never had it diagnosed, but it went away.  Hi Glutamate also completely destroyed my sleep.

It evens out over time.

If you limit your caffeine consumption to the morning hours it should not have an impact on your sleep hours later. In my case, I drank the same amount of coffee every day during my withdrawal just to function and feel better. My sleep was all over the place in spite of the steady coffee consumption. If the caffeine was to blame for my bad nights, I wonder how I had the better ones.