3 months

[...]

Hello all,

Last week I marked 3 months free from benzos. I credit my recovery to Ayahuasca who cleansed me from benzos.

More than anything, Ayahuasca showed my why I chose benzos to become addicted to. Of all drugs out there I chose benzos because it made me an efficient "machine" that could work for 16 hours a day, suppress unwanted feelings, suppress my anger and unwanted memories. This drug used to go very well with the personality that I used to have. It was an unconscious decision to become addicted to benzos and Ayahusca allowed me to see that.

Knowing why I became addicted to benzos in first place was the most important aspect for my recovery.

I stopped cold turkey as I had already tried taper for 1 year and a half back in 2017 without success. This time I was presented to Ayahuasca and it helped me greatly to go through this process.

I'm not encouraging anybody to try Ayahusca but this is my story so I'm sharing it.

All the best to us and let us stay strong!

Just to add some more info:

I had been taking benzos for 17 years.

Between 2mg and 6mg a day.

My only withdrawal symptom today is trouble to sleep.

Congratulations on quitting Benzos!  Ayahuasca may not be the right choice for everyone but I'm glad it was helpful for you. 

I noticed you don't have a signature yet.  It’s helpful to create a signature so other members who want to reply to your posts can see where you are in the process. Here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

Wishing you continued ease in your recovery!

I'm happy to hear you're doing so well, what was the protocol you used, was it a one time dose or several and do you continue to ingest it?

Did it help minimize or eliminate your symptoms or was it more helpful in tamping down your "addiction" to what taking benzo's allowed you to accomplish in your daily life?

Unfortunately its illegal or rather the DMT which can be extracted from it in many countries so not many here will have access to it, but I'm glad it's worked for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you still here?

I'm so glad it worked for you.  :thumbsup:

Is it now out of your system? This is a hallucinogen. And I found this:

Ayahuasca is both a serotonin and dopamine agonist at the same time. The other visionary substances are generally one or the other, ayahuasca is both at the same time. It activates more areas of the brain at once by affecting GABA through more than one modulating neurotransmitter. The result is more of the brain becomes activated in a better balance than if just one or the other of the modulating neurotransmitters was activated by another single channel GABA inhibiting hallucinogen

This worries me a little. How does this work?

Thanks!  :)