20 Months off today

[Wa...]

I can't believe I am here and writing this as I never, ever, thought I would make it this far. But here I am!

So, so  much is better. I still get slammed and when I do, it is absolutely awful, but it's only a day or two in the week instead of 100% of the time. My good days feel amazing and near normal (even though I know I'm not).

Today I drove with three of my kids about 40 minutes to wish my grandmother a happy 100th birthday! I haven't seen her in two years because I've been so sick and I could not dream of driving that far even three months ago. I socialized with family and was out in the sun and then I ran a few errands after and WAS FINE. I still couldn't tolerate stores a few months ago and was still afraid to drive and be out of the house. Then I took my daughter to her doctor appointment and will take her to volleyball tryouts tonight...as in driving at night which I also couldn't do because headlights had weird halos around them and I was afraid. Tomorrow if I am well I will paint my fireplace and give it a makeover because I've been staring at it for two years and want to completely destroy it! 

Point being...I literally could have done none of this three months ago and I did all of this in ONE DAY. And I WANT to paint my fireplace and be out and about and see people which I could not fathom even caring about until the last few weeks.

I just want to offer hope. I want to tell you to keep going. That every second that passes MATTERS. You MATTER. Your life MATTERS. I have so much devastation and trauma in my life that I have no idea where to begin but at least I can start to begin. It might take me a long time and I know I'm not healed. I still have a ways to go but I am here writing this to all of you to tell you that I feel like a real live human being instead of some weird thing stuck in a hellish place that feels like another reality. Maybe it will last and maybe it will be gone in the morning but it is hope in things to come.

Congrats to you!!!!!  :clap: I'm looking forward to getting my life back also. Driving again sounds like heaven! Thx for the wonderful update and heartfelt encouragement

I can't believe I am here and writing this as I never, ever, thought I would make it this far. But here I am!

So, so  much is better. I still get slammed and when I do, it is absolutely awful, but it's only a day or two in the week instead of 100% of the time. My good days feel amazing and near normal (even though I know I'm not).

Today I drove with three of my kids about 40 minutes to wish my grandmother a happy 100th birthday! I haven't seen her in two years because I've been so sick and I could not dream of driving that far even three months ago. I socialized with family and was out in the sun and then I ran a few errands after and WAS FINE. I still couldn't tolerate stores a few months ago and was still afraid to drive and be out of the house. Then I took my daughter to her doctor appointment and will take her to volleyball tryouts tonight...as in driving at night which I also couldn't do because headlights had weird halos around them and I was afraid. Tomorrow if I am well I will paint my fireplace and give it a makeover because I've been staring at it for two years and want to completely destroy it! 

Point being...I literally could have done none of this three months ago and I did all of this in ONE DAY. And I WANT to paint my fireplace and be out and about and see people which I could not fathom even caring about until the last few weeks.

I just want to offer hope. I want to tell you to keep going. That every second that passes MATTERS. You MATTER. Your life MATTERS. I have so much devastation and trauma in my life that I have no idea where to begin but at least I can start to begin. It might take me a long time and I know I'm not healed. I still have a ways to go but I am here writing this to all of you to tell you that I feel like a real live human being instead of some weird thing stuck in a hellish place that feels like another reality. Maybe it will last and maybe it will be gone in the morning but it is hope in things to come.

I am really struggling these days and your post made my day and gave me hope again. I was searching you tube, Benzo supprt and was keep getting all these negativity and thought I will never be normal again. Keep it up and wish you all the best ...Take care :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

that is awesome. I know how you feel its as it just gets better with time...healing does happen!

When you start getting things done around the house you know you are healing. I happened with me and I am just behind you by about 6 weeks.

Keep posting on your progress, our BB need HOPE....

Warrior: You are always such a blessing. You've been through so much in addition to this benzo mess - and here you are blessing others! So glad to hear of all your progress - its when we look back we truly see how far we've come right?!

You've been a rock for me on the days I felt as though I was drowning - your sense of humor in the midst of hell is truly a gift lol.

Good to hear your "voice" on BB again!!  :smitten: :smitten:

Well done?

You mention surgery.

Was your surgery site extremely painful/raw in this and scar tissue very tight?

Adjusta,

I had major thoracic surgery with a lung deflated so it was pretty bad. It was painful but not unbearable. The area where the chest tube went it was burning for about a year on and off but honestly, it was overshadowed by everything else I was feeling.