1.5 mg Diaz. What Speed Did Come Off?

[Ji...]

Hi All,

I'm on 15 mg Diazepam and started a liquid taper 3 days ago.

At the moment I use a 2 mg tablet and 200 ml water.

The first day, I removed 51 ml, making my dose 1.49 mg.

The second day: 52 ml, making it 1.48 mg.

The third day: 53 ml, making it 1.47 mg.

Just realizing that this will take 4 months to come off, which seems very slow.

I think I'll change to removing 2 ml every day, which would take just over 2 months to come off.

Any advice? Is coming off 1.5 mg in 2 months or 4 months better, or maybe even faster?

Regarding withdrawal symptoms: they were quite bad on some of the earlier cuts, but manageable(what else can you do?).

However, now I think they are 'just' psychological, no real physical/mental problems, a bit of sore stomache, but that could be the 30 day 6-pack app I download :) which hasn't worked. Also slight apathy, but the view of freedom outweighs them.

The speed of your taper is entirely up to you, the best tapers are ones that are symptom not time based.  Tapers often need to be adjusted as they proceed and this is important because if your symptoms are getting worse then it's a good idea to slow down in order to remain functional.  If you're feeling fine then its okay to speed it up as long as you take into account that symptoms can take awhile to show up which makes it difficult to correct when this happens, personally, I'd err on the side of caution for this reason.

I wanted to let you know in case you're not aware but there is healing to be done after your last dose, this post is something a lot of members use to gauge where they are in their recovery. Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

I hope you continue to feel relatively well and it's good to see you're working out, keep it up!  :thumbsup:

You do know that valium is not soluble in water, right? It's only soluble in either alcohol or PG. Your bad w/d s/x might be attributable to this.

Just thought I'd point this out.

Best to you,

Katz

You do know that valium is not soluble in water, right? It's only soluble in either alcohol or PG. Your bad w/d s/x might be attributable to this.

Just thought I'd point this out.

Best to you,

Katz

Thanks. I add a little PG now and seems to be OK.