middle of the night wake ups...

[bo...]

Anyone  sleep for 3-4 hrs , wake up and it may take me 3/4 hrs to go back to sleep after taking a supplement + maybe an antihistamine.I have dreams another 3/4 hrs  wake up exhausted, body aches, weak... I know that I slept bc I have dreams.

I do read on my phone  at awakening times... Is this do to my waking up in the middle of the night  that I feel so rough? or its just wd? Its been more than a  year that I don't sleep like a normal person, even thou I get 6-7 hrs in total... I get fatigue and my eyes are sore I do have a blue light reduction app on my phone... Feeling so crap :'(

Yes, me too.. I developed it mid-taper. Dr. wants me to take Gabapentin which really helps but am afraid of developing dependency on it too!

What I do is sit up. I would no way trust a phone app to not let blue light through. The electronics are pretty much designed to addict the user; everybody knows this.  I meditate anyway, 2 hrs a day, so if I can't sleep, I either sit up on the couch cross-legged, or meditate lying down in bed. But yeah not sleeping is a Beeotch.  :D

Hi bonty, yes it happens to me too. Such a yucky feeling waking up and looking at the time and it’s 1:00 or 2:00 or 3:00am. I see on the forum it’s pretty common. Something that has made a difference for me and may sound hard to believe is drinking around 4-6oz. of 100% tart cherry juice an hour before bed. Google it if you’re curious at all.

I’ve been able to get a solid 6+ hours of sleep on it. I’m not sure if it would be ok for any diabetics out there though. I still wake up with anxiety in the morning but at least I wake up to daylight. Just sharing my experience. Not advising anything.

Hi bonty, yes it happens to me too. Such a yucky feeling waking up and looking at the time and it’s 1:00 or 2:00 or 3:00am. I see on the forum it’s pretty common. Something that has made a difference for me and may sound hard to believe is drinking around 6-8oz. of 100% tart cherry juice an hour before bed. Google it if you’re curious at all.

I’ve been able to get a solid 6+ hours of sleep on it. I’m not sure if it would be ok for any diabetics out there though. I still wake up with anxiety in the morning but at least I wake up to daylight. Just sharing my experience. Not advising anything.

Hi lilpea, I take melatonin 1mg and magnisuim , I understand tart cherry has  melatonin? will check it out

Hi bonty, yes it happens to me too. Such a yucky feeling waking up and looking at the time and it’s 1:00 or 2:00 or 3:00am. I see on the forum it’s pretty common. Something that has made a difference for me and may sound hard to believe is drinking around 6-8oz. of 100% tart cherry juice an hour before bed. Google it if you’re curious at all.

Hi lilpea, I take melatonin 1mg and magnisuim , I understand tart cherry has  melatonin? will check it out

From what I understand, yes, it contains melatonin but in addition, there’s a theory that other components in tart cherry juice affect tryptophan and serotonin levels which aid in better quality sleep. There are also natural anti-inflammatory properties. I’m probably oversimplifying how it all works. Just wanted to share my experience. I’ve never tried melatonin pills.

Yes, me too.. I developed it mid-taper. Dr. wants me to take Gabapentin which really helps but am afraid of developing dependency on it too!

Hi, I just spoke to a sleep Dr.  and said its probably RLS and suggested gabapentin, no way  did you try magnesium?

bonty, I had this problem also.

I found a few "go to sleep" CDs that were never-fail. When I woke up, instread of stressing, I just hit my CD player which is on my headboard with one of the CDs already cued up. I decided against similar things on youtube because of the blue light. So, I lie in  the dark with the CD playing . . . and I've never heard the end of any of the 3 CDs that I alternated. I'm back asleep within about 30 minutes.

If you like, I'll give your the names. I bought them on Amazon.

Best wishes,

Katz

bonty, I had this problem also.

I found a few "go to sleep" CDs that were never-fail. When I woke up, instread of stressing, I just hit my CD player which is on my headboard with one of the CDs already cued up. I decided against similar things on youtube because of the blue light. So, I lie in  the dark with the CD playing . . . and I've never heard the end of any of the 3 CDs that I alternated. I'm back asleep within about 30 minutes.

If you like, I'll give your the names. I bought them on Amazon.

Best wishes,

hi Katz,  Ty for you suggestion!...  Yes I would like to know  the CD :angel:

My sleep pattern has been pretty rough during this taper. I wake up every two hours until morning. I have just gotten used to it. I take things like Rescue Remedy if I wake up shaky. I find keeping the window open a bit helps me feel less panicky when I wake up. I also use a homeopathic remedy called Calms Forte which helps me a little bit. I'm sure all of that will improve!

bonty, here's one:

Deep Sleep with Medical Hypnosis: Find Restful, Restorative Sleep

Just copy and paste it into the Amazon search bar. This is the best one. Here's another, also on Amazon:

A Meditation for Healthful Sleep - Guided Imagery to Reduce Insomnia and Improve Quality and Quantity of Restful Sleep

Either of those should have you sawing logs when you wake up in the middle of the night!

Best to you,

Katz

bonty, here's one:

Deep Sleep with Medical Hypnosis: Find Restful, Restorative Sleep

Just copy and paste it into the Amazon search bar. This is the best one. Here's another, also on Amazon:

A Meditation for Healthful Sleep - Guided Imagery to Reduce Insomnia and Improve Quality and Quantity of Restful Sleep

Either of those should have you sawing logs when you wake up in the middle of the night!

Best to you,

Katz

Hi Katz,  Thank you so much! :smitten:

I totally have this too! Go to bed 9:30 or 10pm, wake up around 2am.  Up at least 3 hours.  I stay away from any electronic screens as previously suggested.  I try not to take anything but am planning on trying the tart cherry juice soon.  Only in month 3 post jump and afraid anything might spur on symptoms but I figure it's time to try a few things.  I do drink "Calming" tea by Yogi (chamomille plus other herbs) about 2 cups a day and found if I drink a bit more during the night during these times it helps me get back to sleep.

I really should just go to bed later, like 10:30 or 11...Good luck!

How I learned to sleep:

4 ounces tart cherry juice with 1.5 mgs melatonin drops added really helps me with sleep.

No blue light, and no screens in the evening at all.  Keep the room very dark.

White noise.

L theanine, amino acids prescribed by naturopath. 

Yes, I do take 300 mgs gabapentin once at night.  I do NOT recommend adding any pharmaceuticals.  However, it does get me to sleep.  It is considered a very low dose, so I hope not to struggle with getting off that.  It is very different than benzos in how it works, and does not cross the blood brain barrier.  I had severe withdrawal and at one point was hospitalized 4 x in a month.  Otherwise, I would not have added the gaba.  I did not take it for sleep disruption. 

Poor sleep and disrupted sleep is a withdrawal symptom.  It will pass. 

oregonkatz....

which one, when you put this into youtube search bar, many come up,

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=A+Meditation+for+Healthful+Sleep+-+Guided+Imagery+to+Reduce+Insomnia+and+Improve+Quality+and+Quantity+of+Restful+Sleep

BUT not this exact title; 

A Meditation for Healthful Sleep - Guided Imagery to Reduce Insomnia and Improve Quality and Quantity of Restful Sleep  :sick:

thx

oneday, it's this one:

It's by Bellaruth Naparstek

It's on AMAZON, not youtube.

Hope this helps,

Katz

I totally have this too! Go to bed 9:30 or 10pm, wake up around 2am.  Up at least 3 hours.  I stay away from any electronic screens as previously suggested.  I try not to take anything but am planning on trying the tart cherry juice soon.  Only in month 3 post jump and afraid anything might spur on symptoms but I figure it's time to try a few things.  I do drink "Calming" tea by Yogi (chamomille plus other herbs) about 2 cups a day and found if I drink a bit more during the night during these times it helps me get back to sleep.

I really should just go to bed later, like 10:30 or 11...Good luck!

Yes I sleep later and even at 12am, chamomile is a good one, I will try to get tart cherry juice, let me know how it goes ;)

My sleep pattern has been pretty rough during this taper. I wake up every two hours until morning. I have just gotten used to it. I take things like Rescue Remedy if I wake up shaky. I find keeping the window open a bit helps me feel less panicky when I wake up. I also use a homeopathic remedy called Calms Forte which helps me a little bit. I'm sure all of that will improve!

TY for your message ! and encouraging  words :)

How I learned to sleep:

4 ounces tart cherry juice with 1.5 mgs melatonin drops added really helps me with sleep.

No blue light, and no screens in the evening at all.  Keep the room very dark.

White noise.

L theanine, amino acids prescribed by naturopath. 

Yes, I do take 300 mgs gabapentin once at night.  I do NOT recommend adding any pharmaceuticals.  However, it does get me to sleep.  It is considered a very low dose, so I hope not to struggle with getting off that.  It is very different than benzos in how it works, and does not cross the blood brain barrier.  I had severe withdrawal and at one point was hospitalized 4 x in a month.  Otherwise, I would not have added the gaba.  I did not take it for sleep disruption. 

TY for your message! and  telling me what helps you ;)

Wow! I could have written the exact same post. Nice to know that you’re not alone. Good luck to all of us.

no your not alone :) have you tried anything to help?

How I learned to sleep:

4 ounces tart cherry juice

I have this too... I will try the tart cherry juice. It’s such an annoying withdrawal symptom.

• 2 months later...

Bonty, I'm sorry I missed your question about restless leg syndrome. I started taking 65 mg of iron as ferrous sulfate. it's working so far. Magnesium has not helped me but I know it some people. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
I tried the cherry tart juice and I didn’t sleep well at all. Did it over two different nights and both nights was bad. So in the trash the juice goes. Pity it didn’t work for me...