Falling asleep but waking up early

[5c...]

[5c...]

Hello community,

I fall asleep very fast for the last two months, like I cannot stay awake but wake up between 3h30-4h30 and can't get back to sleep...

This is not the worst I know but I want to be able to go back to sleep...I am benzo free for 20 months and mirtazapine free for 3 months...

Anything I can do or take?

Thank you!

[2e...]
Some members have reported success with Phosphatidyl Serine, MCT oil free, taken from sunflower not soy 300 mg taken at bedtime. Others reported success with full spectrum CBD oil.

It will even out over time.

I'm 50 months off today and recently started being able to sleep until 5:00 or 5:30 am.  Prior to that, I was awake by 3:00 or 4:00 am every morning and like you would go to bed early

because I was very tired.

I don't care when I wake up as long as I am getting 6 - 7 hours each night (6-7 hours per night seems to be the "sweet spot" for me in terms of length), I don't care when I get my sleep in.  If those hours are from 9:00 pm to 4:00 am or 8:00 pm to 3:00 am, that works for me.  I always base it on how I feel the next day.  99% of the time I feel completely fine, not tired, lots of energy, etc.

I went on Benzos because I had a few off nights of sleep where I only got a few hours or was waking up at 2:00 am, 3:00 am, 4:00 am, etc.

Instead of trying to "fix" your perceived sleep issues, learn to improvise and adapt to them.

In our "fast food" culture we want everything fixed ASAP, and that's why my PCP prescribed Benzos immediately to "fix" my sleep issues.  Ultimately, Benzos made my sleep 10x worse.

Instead of dealing with some poor sleep, I opted for instant relief and that's what the Benzos provided...at first.  Then I reached tolerance and they stopped working and then my sleep or rather lack of it went from a gust of wind to a Category 5 Hurricane.

Many times adversity builds character and coping skills and in hindsight, I wish I would have just toughed out the normal "garden variety" insomnia as compared to the Benzo induced insomnia I was plagues with for years afterwards!

Coping skills, IMO, are much better than anything OTC, natural/herbal or Rx that can help you sleep a few hours longer!

Good luck!

[5c...]

Wow The way...4 years plus...that is a long time...I understand what you are saying...but at the same time it is difficult to have a social life with these jours...

But now I am not reaching 6-7 hours...a few weeks ago yes...but I am under a lot of stress...probably not helping...

Makes it hard with teaching...and other stuff...just hope it doesn't take years to even put...

You are always there...thank you!

Hi Merrymary,

It probably won't take years to even out.

My sleep has been very good the past 3 years....

When I say it's still getting better doesn't mean it was bad, unlivable or ruined my social life.

If I need to stay up later, I do.  I'll be 57 next week so I don't have much of a late night social life anyway!  :thumbsup:

The entire point was subtle slow changes occur over longer periods of time.

I was completely content and lived a perfectly normal life on the 6-8 hours I get pretty much every night for the past 2.5 years

But if I can get longer blocks/periods of sleep without waking up, that's an improvement, but my sleep got much better around month 15 off!