Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Wow that sounds amazing kits. Thanks for sharing that! I’ve never been OS so I love hearing about other countries x such a beautiful memory for u and hubby x

I have a friend that visited auschwitz. I couldn’t go there, I would get so angry I think. All those poor people.

I usually love war books but this one was just annoying (I can say that coz I picked it!) it could have been much better. It just felt unrealistic that all those things happened. I know it’s only based on her story but I wonder how much of it is true.

Anyway as far as war books go, ladydens pick of the skylarks secret was much better. It just flowed beautifully I thought. I really loved it.

So far  all the light we cannot see is excellent. And so is the last monument... omg excellent!

Hey kits I was wondering if we can run the next 3 books? Just so we can get organized? I don’t know if I’ll read the mists of Avalon. I think I need to take things easy now I’m in acute x

Sorry you’re having a rough patch Shayna. Hope it doesn’t last too long.  I see you’re  down to 3 days!

The Skylark’s secret is the 4th book by Fiona Valpy that I’ve read.  I really like her writing.  There are dark days but always uplifting parts as well. Can’t wait to read this one.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Current picks! Added a few so Shayna can stock up.  :D;)

#1 In a Dark, Dark Wood - Ruth Ware

#2 Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson

#3 The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney

#4 The Light After the War - Anita Abriel

#5 Winter Garden - Kristin Hannah

#6 The Woman in the Window - AJ Finn

#7 The Lost Queen - Signe Pike

#8 The Skylark’s Secret - Fiona Valpy

#9 The Secrets We Kept - Lara Prescott

#10 All the Light We Cannot See - Anthony Doerr

#11 The Four Winds - Kristin Hannah

#12 The Last Monument - Michael C Grumley

#13 Ordinary Grace - William Kent Kruger

#14 The Red Tent - Anita Diamant

#15 Behind the Scenes at the Museum - Kate Atkinson

Great memories, Kits, thanks for sharing! 

I’m almost done with The Secrets We Kept . Very intriguing story.  I enjoyed it.  Can’t imagine what life was like under Soviet rule. I can’t remember if I read Dr Zhivago or just saw the movie.  The movie was very long, I remember.

Will be moving on to The Skylark’s Secret!

I remember my sister watching the movie as a teenager (so I was pre-teen) and I was just annoyed that she was taking up the TV for so long when I wanted to watch something.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Current picks! Added a few so Shayna can stock up.  :D;)

#1 In a Dark, Dark Wood - Ruth Ware

#2 Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson

#3 The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney

#4 The Light After the War - Anita Abriel

#5 Winter Garden - Kristin Hannah

#6 The Woman in the Window - AJ Finn

#7 The Lost Queen - Signe Pike

#8 The Skylark’s Secret - Fiona Valpy

#9 The Secrets We Kept - Lara Prescott

#10 All the Light We Cannot See - Anthony Doerr

#11 The Four Winds - Kristin Hannah

#12 The Last Monument - Michael C Grumley

#13 Ordinary Grace - William Kent Kruger

#14 The Red Tent - Anita Diamant

#15 Behind the Scenes at the Museum - Kate Atkinson

Thanks kits xx 💋

Wow that sounds amazing kits. Thanks for sharing that! I’ve never been OS so I love hearing about other countries x such a beautiful memory for u and hubby x

I have a friend that visited auschwitz. I couldn’t go there, I would get so angry I think. All those poor people.

I usually love war books but this one was just annoying (I can say that coz I picked it!) it could have been much better. It just felt unrealistic that all those things happened. I know it’s only based on her story but I wonder how much of it is true.

Anyway as far as war books go, ladydens pick of the skylarks secret was much better. It just flowed beautifully I thought. I really loved it.

So far  all the light we cannot see is excellent. And so is the last monument... omg excellent!

Hey kits I was wondering if we can run the next 3 books? Just so we can get organized? I don’t know if I’ll read the mists of Avalon. I think I need to take things easy now I’m in acute x

Sorry you’re having a rough patch Shayna. Hope it doesn’t last too long.  I see you’re  down to 3 days!

The Skylark’s secret is the 4th book by Fiona Valpy that I’ve read.  I really like her writing.  There are dark days but always uplifting parts as well. Can’t wait to read this one.

Thanks lovely x I’ll be ok xx

She’s definitely an author I’ll keep on my radar. I listened to the audio version and I loved the Scottish accent the lady had. Such a beautiful accent I think. Enjoy it x sad but a beautiful ending and not too hard to read. Just a really nice pick x

Kits u better order a copy of the forgotten kingdom coz I promise u u will want to read that too. It’s been my favourite so far

Just seen the woman in the window on Netflix next month, I did find it bit plodding but know you enjoyed it. The book I just read , Heatwave was really good couldn't put it down. I like dipping in to see what books you guys are reading. About to start What Alice Forgot.

I hope u enjoy what Alice forgot. It’s a pretty easy read, not her best but it’s still pretty good x I saw the ad for woman in window it looks pretty good x

It’s amazing the similarities in some of the books. I’m reading all the light we cannot see and listening to the last monument and they both speak about the Germans chasing ancient artifacts and the worlds riches. I’m almost finished the last monument it’s very Da Vinci code. Great book

If you like books about war have you read The boy in the striped pyjamas. It's really emotional and heartbreaking at the end though must say.

Oh no I couldn’t read that. I do want to read cilkas journey tho. That’s the sequel to the tattooist of auschwitz

I forgot about that one . The boy in striped pyjamas was really moving, maybe one to read when you're recovered. Heatwave was one of best book I've read. Maybe because I can relate to the evil sister in it!

I have been on a book break lately.  I’m still devastated that I have to wait 2 years for book 3 of the Lost Queen trilogy.  I’m going to totally forget what happened in the first 2 books by then! 

Are you reading out of turn Shayna or are you that far ahead?    :laugh:

I’m still on Light After the War.  Will try to pick it back up today.

Hope everyone is well!  Love to all.  :smitten:

I have been on a book break lately.  I’m still devastated that I have to wait 2 years for book 3 of the Lost Queen trilogy.  I’m going to totally forget what happened in the first 2 books by then! 

I have slowed down a bit.  I finished The Light After the War, The Secrets We Kept and have started The Skylark’s Secret which I like so far.  Reading a bit out of order and squeezed one in off the list.

Picked up Winter Garden at the library today. :)  ...and I have The Four Winds on my Kindle so I’m set for a while.

Happy reading everyone.  ;D

I know. It was fantastic, love that series, 2 years is so long to wait but the books are so well written u can see it would take a while.

I am reading out of turn. I’ve finished everything except winter garden, all the light we cannot see, ordinary grace and the red tent.

I am a third thru all the light, I’m having a break from it coz I have just read too many war books for the minute. I’m now reading ordinary grace and have just finished behind the scenes at the museum. It was a fast read, just an easy book about family dynamics.

Happy reading girls xx

I have slowed down a bit.  I finished The Light After the War, The Secrets We Kept and have started The Skylark’s Secret which I like so far.  Reading a bit out of order and squeezed one in off the list.

Picked up Winter Garden at the library today. :)  ...and I have The Four Winds on my Kindle so I’m set for a while.

Happy reading everyone.  ;D

I loved the skylarks secret and the four winds x great books xx

Enjoy them 2 cats xx

I’m looking forward to those books you mention Shayna and 2Cats.

I loved Winter Garden.  It was a sad story at times and it brought me to tears.  But the ending was so beautiful.  I really liked that book

Are all Kristin Hannah books tear jerkers? I balled reading four winds.

I’m really finding it hard to read atm. But it’s spose to be pouring today so I think it will be a book day. I’m up to chapter 13 of ordinary grace it’s great so far. X

I think once I finish our books I’ll read the mists of Avalon. After reading the lost queen I really feel like another fantasy novel.

Enjoy ur reading ladies xx

Shayna have you read the Outlander novels? They’re really good too. I suspect most Kristin Hannah books are tear jerkers, Winter Garden was.

I’m about 4/5 of the way through The Lost Queen. It’s really good! Took me a bit to get started because I was in a wave, but once that lifted I’ve been making good progress. I have almost all of the books that we’ve selected so far ready to go, plus a bajillion others of course. I’m on 40/100 now.  :D :D

No I haven’t read those. I tried watching the series but couldn’t get past the first episode. I’ll try again at some stage tho. I don’t mind a tear jerker. Nice for a change rather than thrillers which I usually choose. Yeah I’ve sorted most of our picks too. Wow ur on 40 kits!! I’m only on 18! Still I’m pretty happy with that coz that’s 5 a month a lot more than I used to read. But 40 is amazing!!!

Yeah it’s hard in a wave huh? U just can’t focus on anything. Horrible. I hope ur feeling better now tho? Xx

The outlander books are way better than the tv series. I had weird eye stuff with this last wave, made it extra hard to focus, but in general when I hit a hard patch focusing on reading isn’t so easy. Audiobooks are much easier during those times. Yeah, I’m much better. Fingers crossed it stays that way. You sound like you’re doing better too. ❤️

Uh oh, just found a bunch more books I want to read available from my library in ebook format. I’m in trouble.  :D:laugh::D:laugh: