Worsening unscheduled bleeding and clots post meno

[jo...]

Hi

I am a postmen woman age 54 taking 100mg capsule of micrnonised progesterone vaginally and 100mg orally

I have been plagued with bleeding and not bothered going to doctors since June 2019

I take it every day instead of having a few days break cos when I have a break with prog, I go nuts due to the cross tolerance with valium.

Here is a dossier

June 18 started bleeding 6 months after taking utrogestan daily due to val addiction

Jan 2019 had huysteroscpy and no cancer, gave me extra utrogestan vagainally

All went ok till June

Doctor reduced oestrogen patch to 75mcg and bleeding stopped but started up again at end of year with vengeance

This is when I gave up seeing medics as they said I could be back and Forth if I was not prepared to change progesterone

I cant change progesterone because of gaba disruption

the bleeding is getting worse.

Hi journey,

Your situation sounds miserable, I'm sorry you've suffered so much for so long.  Is there something we can help you with?

Pamster

Hi journey,

Your situation sounds miserable, I'm sorry you've suffered so much for so long.  Is there something we can help you with?

Pamster

I just wonder why I am post meno and bleeding when I shouldn't. I know diazepam can cause unscheduled bleeding. I don't want my womb removing as taking away the progesterone will be like a cold turkey as it is cross tolerant.

Have you seen a OBGYN to rule out anything else going on?

Had hysteroscopy in jan 2019 no cancer

increased progesterone then bleeding came back

doc reduced oestrogen, bleeding came back

gynaecologist said I could just be going back and forth if bleeding persists

im worries the diazepam is messing with me

I've not heard that "diazepam can cause unscheduled bleeding", can you point me to the information which supports your statement?  This isn't a challenge of your statement, I'm genuinely interested in hearing more about it.

I've not heard that "diazepam can cause unscheduled bleeding", can you point me to the information which supports your statement?  This isn't a challenge of your statement, I'm genuinely interested in hearing more about it.

It's on the utrogestan patient information leaflet.

Diazepam messes with all sorts as do other Benzes.

What about a slow taper of progesterone, if needed. Wouldnt that reduce chance to ct symptoms?

Hi

I am on capsules, cream is not licensed here in the UK, but thanks. Can't taper off the capsules as they are 100mg

I don’t know about those details. Maybe go to a compounding pharmacy and ask. There has to be a way.  People taper capsules here all the time.

I don’t know about those details. Maybe go to a compounding pharmacy and ask. There has to be a way.  People taper capsules here all the time.

Someone gave me a link to an online compounding pharmacy, as we don't have them in the UK on the high street. Dunno how much the cost will be.

How do people manage to taper capsules? Genuinely interested to know?

Thanks

They use a jewelers gram scale made by Gemini.(Amazon) Go to titration section. A buddy named Bob has all the info. I’ve never done it. 

I’m also on progesterone 200mg troche and post meno. I just found out it’s cross tolerant and am devastated.  Do you know anyone that tapered progesterone?

They use a jewelers gram scale made by Gemini.(Amazon) Go to titration section. A buddy named Bob has all the info. I’ve never done it. 

I’m also on progesterone 200mg troche and post meno. I just found out it’s cross tolerant and am devastated.  Do you know anyone that tapered progesterone?

Hi I read that troche are a small lozenge, maybe you could gradually and slowly reduce the time you suck them so you eventually get down to nil.

The capsules are like a rubbery coat with the liquid inside, I don't see how you can use a jewellers scale to reduce them, do you happen to have a link, meanwhile I will try to find bob's posts in the titration section.

I know how to titrate valium, but this is progesterone capsules.

Thanks journey, do you think a liquid taper would work?

I'm ok tapering the Benzes, it's the capsules that I cannot figure out how to taper off.

I can't get progesterone in any form other than pills or capsules from the GP

The progesterone is what I'm talking about, it might mean getting creative with the process but if you're interested, I'll bet we could work something out.

The progesterone is what I'm talking about, it might mean getting creative with the process but if you're interested, I'll bet we could work something out.

I read about someone sticking a syringe in a capsule to get liquid out but there is such a small amount in a 100mg capsule, I don't know how that would work out, how would you get all the liquid out without making a mess.

If you start a thread on the titration board maybe we could get some smart people to come up with some ideas.  Perhaps we can figure out a solution that would dissolve the outer coating of the capsule and this would become part of your titration solution.  If you decide this is what you'd like to try, we'll do our best to come up with a way to do it.

If you start a thread on the titration board maybe we could get some smart people to come up with some ideas.  Perhaps we can figure out a solution that would dissolve the outer coating of the capsule and this would become part of your titration solution.  If you decide this is what you'd like to try, we'll do our best to come up with a way to do it.

HUGS

I would like that, I may not use the method yet but if we can come up with something, I can always use it later.

• 10 months later...

An update

I am still interested in titrating the progesterone capsules after coming off the valium.

I am 19mgs now.

I was bleeding again this year.

I had a scan in June, which showed no womb lining thickening.

My GP did ring though, she said that I had fibroids, which no one told me about, and the GP said they must have been found in the scan I had in October.

I reduced to 25mg oestrogen patch which has so far stopped the bleeding. I get night sweats but they are bearable with a fan.

I will post a thread on the titration section as recommended by @Pamster