anxiety, bladder pain and central hypersensitization

[ma...]

Hi, I haven't posted on this site since 2014 -a year after I successfully tapered from diazepam following a pretty awful breakdown.

That time it was precipitated by health anxiety and severe antibiotic reaction.

Life has been okay apart from increased emotionality and nerve sensitivity for a some years.

Following a minor knee injury and covid news, this summer things started to go wrong and started getting weird pains which appear to be linked to some increasing central central hypersensitization effect worse being gluteal/ pelvic stinging pains much worse pressure  and touch.

Things hit a crisis point in mid August and following a really bad few nights of anxiety and adrenaline surges, I  am sorry to say that i asked the doc for diazepam. I know the damage these drugs do but I couldn't eat, sleep and was close to calling emergency services. I have been taking nightly to get some rest but never been over 5mg.

So here i am trying to cut down slowly and on 3mg now for over a week

Question here is concerning most recent symptom of painful bladder/ vulva. This has recently come on and I have had IC before but not with such burning pain. Really i am just sharing and seeing if this resonates with anyone? It could be an infection (having it checked) but also know how diazepam affects the bladder.

Best wishes to all, Magga

I haven’t experienced that symptom, but I have experienced burning mouth. In my research, I’ve found several anecdotal reports and things online talking about vulvodynia being similar in process to burning mouth. The nerves become sensitized in withdrawal (barring an infection, so I’m glad you’re ruling that out) and just take time to settle. Hang in there - I do believe this will pass.

Thanks for replying beautyfromashes and love your user name!

The dip test came back negative, despite cloudy urine this AM.

So my gut reaction that its nerve sensitivity seems to be confirmed.

I went on Diazepam due to extreme nerve sensitization so guess its only to be expected.

Glad to see that you are coming through.

Best wishes

magga