Benzos tapering info

[Ha...]

i have taken Ativan off and on for years when needed. I now realize it wasnt a good thing. This month i feel affected by the ativan. I took it 9 times in sept .05 and didnt feel it worked to well my anxiety was worse and maybe my body wanted more. I took about the same in June. But just 1 or two in may july. I am definitely wanting to never take this again. From jan this year onward i ct off celexa and dealing with that so i used ativan off and on just a few at the most a month except as above.  Can i just stop taking. Do i need to taper somehow? I notice this last month the dependence a bit and it made me down and depressed. Im scared im addicted to another drug. Im in wd for celexa so trying to heal my brain from that. Thank you for any advice.! 

Looks like you have 3 options:

1. Start taking regularly to stabilize and then do a slow taper

2. Keep taking it as needed

3. Never take another one

I mean you should consult your prescribing Doc, but this is just what it seems like to me.

I know what I would do, but I'm not you.

If it were me I would do number 3, simply because if I could make it weeks and months without taking it already, then I would believe I could make it without taking period.

Many of us couldn't stand the WD effects just from cutting a dose down or skipping a dose....like it was awful.

So yeah, if I could go without out and make it through...then that would be it for me.

I dont know if i am having wd from the Celexa or the Ativan. I am sweating and terror in my stomach and all over feel bad again. I didnt take any last night and took only .25 the night before.

Hi, it sounds like the Ativan to me. The problem with taking it occasionally is you are putting your body through WD each time, and everytime the WD gets worse, it's referred to as Kindling.

Sweating etc is Acute withdrawal symptom, after 9 months off celexa you shouldn't be having symptoms like this as you are in Post Acute Withdrawal (PAW)

I've gone down this rabbit hole, and too started Benzos due to being in withdrawal from celexa which I was unaware of. I got myself in a right mess, and haven't worked in 6 months. I would personally not take anymore Ativan, unless you want to take it full time with the view of tapering. With the short time you've been taking it hopefully a few days/weeks and it will be better.