28 months:)

[ne...]

I almost forgot, and am two days delayed here - but I am finally at my 28 month mark :) Things are going great. I actually had some minor and a few major waves after I wrote my success story awhile back but thats was expected as I am used to it. I have gone from a pile of mush to almost completely back to normal.

I will say, once I found my trigger foods and stuff in general that just upsets my stomach - things have really taken a turn for the better (no alcohol, no junk food, no sodas, and only morning coffee caffeine). I now work two jobs (from home) and have really found things I enjoy that I wasn't doing before all of this. Yes, this entire voyage has been extremely difficult with the myriad of symptoms that come and go and come and go. I can say with confidence that at the 28 month mark, I feel like a new person finally. Even the small waves have subsided (they will come back for a few days during overly stressed times once in a blue moon) and most of the time Im completely in a full window. Stay strong everyone, I know how bad this is and how it seems never ending. Another positive thing about this, I used to be impatient as a person all the time....28 months off benzos and a 10.5 month taper has made me realize I can handle more than I ever thought when it comes to 'time'.

What an uplifting message!  Congratulations on 28 months benzo free!!  So wonderful to hear how much healing has happened for you and how well you're doing now.  As you know it means the world to members to read accounts like this!  Thanks for sharing this!  :smitten:

Wow!!! 28 months!

Your message of hope is inspiring! If you can keep everyone informed. I am 18+ months feeling great although my sleep the last week has suffered.

Did you have tinnitus and if YES did it go away?

thanks for coming back.

J

Hey everyone. Sorry for my delay as these two jobs I work I get so behind on a lot of things outside of work itself. But thank you very much for the positive responses. I really appreciate it! I know too much on how bad this entire ride can be and how it makes you so uncertain for the future if things will ever change. I know how bleak things can seem but I can fully tell you that I eventually healed. A long drawn out process but it has happened :) I don't have too many even small symptoms anymore, but when they do come - they are very very minimal. I have managed to go to the Dr only 1 time this last year and it had nothing to do with benzodiazepines w/d. Its was pleurisy from whooping cough I contracted that caused it. So, this last year has been great and the healing has just taken a faster pace. I feel great and honestly wouldn't trade this experience for anything..it has made me a better person and the most important thing - it has taught me how to control my anxiety and not let it take over. I need nothing and won't take anything for Anxiety ever again. The only thing I take is Paxil at 10mg/day...but I have been on that anti-depressant for almost 18 years because of OCD in my early 20s. It keeps the repetitive thoughts in check for me. Oh and as for Tinnitus, thankfully I never had that symptom. I think maybe I had it once or twice at the beginning but it didn't last but a day or two. My constant symptoms were - GI Motility slowed down, DP, DR, Dizziness, Tremors, Muscle Pain, Bad Morning Anxiety, Insomnia, Brain Ticks, Muscle Ticks, Muscle rigidness, Nausea, Vomiting, abnormal bowl movements and digestion, Lump in throat, Tongue Burning & sensitivity to many foods and sodas. Thanks again for your responses!!