18 Months. Can you relate?

[...]

Going on my 18th month after 19 years on Klonopin for panic attacks. Some things have gotten much better and some worse. Can anyone relate to the pressure in your spine, head, neck, shoulders, face and jaw? I notice when I sit on hard surfaces or even stand in one spot for a period of time the pressure builds up starting with the spine and all the previous mentioned. The face will swell a little. I do good moving. Constant moving constant motion.

Then anxiety sets in. But any person experiencing pain will experience anxiety. But I believe the CNS is broken and of course the anxiety gets out of control.

On a better note I have really OK days and almost even good days. My friends and family tell me I look better than I have in years. I have more hope off this drug than I have in at least a decade. I'm looking foward to my 2 year mark in April of 2021.

Also with the jaw pressure. I have such a horrible taste in my mouth constantly. It's chalky and burns. It's annoying. Anyone have this? Thanks.

Congrats  :smitten: :smitten:...

I was also on 1mg Klonopin for 20yrs and now 7 mons off. Can you mention what got better for you over 18 mons and what got worse..I am still struggling. few things got better and few worse.

Hello,

I cannot pin point what exactly what got worse or better. I've had so many symptoms I can't remember how bad they were or when exactly I had them. Right now the spine and upper body seem worse. What's better is that I think the things I'm doing and time is just a overall healing and learning experience.

If I move and keep my mind focused most physical and mental symptoms are better. That's what I've learned.

I expose myself everyday to the outside world. I eat well. Light exercise.

This is all so different for us. I know for sure the days I do absolutely nothing everything seems worse. So I don't have many of those days anymore. I hope that helped.

• 3 weeks later...
I am 27 months off.  I really agree that our CNS is broken.  I have windows and waves.  I really hope and pray that this improves because I can't take much more of this.

• 1 month later...
I don't get pressure, but my body tenses up in those areas, and usually whenever I start eating food I loosen up. Like I can be sitting there completely all tensed up and my vision will be a little bit blurry as well, and once I start chewing for a few minutes everything clears up and my body loosens up.