Confused by Different Formulas, let me explain, and please help.

[on...]

So, currently taking 1mg of Klonopin a day, as follows; .5mg tablets, so Total of 2 tablets a day.

I take .25mg in morning, .25mg afternoon, then .5mg at bedtime.  Tada, that part was simple. :thumbsup:

I awaiting my Gem-20 milligram replacement scale.  The first one arrived with a cracked display.  :'(

Using Ashton as a guide I want to decrease my daily dose by 10% and Hold It there for 1-2 weeks, then decrease again, 10%.

So, I need to know how much I should decrease the 2 daily tabs, to get the 10%.

I've seen 2 methods. 

First, weigh your daily (2 tabs) then multiple by .90, hence you know how much to reduce the daily dose by to get to the 10% reduction.  Continue each taper using the last weight calculated by .90.

The second is weight 10 tablets.  Take that weight and divide by 10, to get an average weight per tablet. Use the average weight to multiple by .90, to get the amount to reduce.

Using the result, of course using the scale.

Here's my CONFUSION;  :o

Is the first or second method better AND MORE IMPORTANTLY;

To get to a 10% reduction of my daily dose, how do I apply the findings to the 2 tablets.  Or put another way, what do I do, reduce one of the tablets by the 10%, or each tablet by 5%? 

And how does that figure into the way I'm dosing currently, as I listed above, two .5mg tablets a day. (.25mg, .25mg, then .5 mg).

I KNOW I MUST BE MAKING THIS HARDER THEN IT NEEDS TO BE, but I've never been good at math and maybe it's benzo brain.  :idiot:

PLEASE, show me by using the best method, maybe actually WRITE it out or PM me. 

Thank you for being patient with me and helping.  I truly appreciate you and BB. :)

Here's my take/rationale...

Weight 10 pills.  It's good to get an average.  Use that average pill weight for your calculations.

As for which dose(s) to reduce, that's a bit variable.  You may feel that you need to keep 0.5mg at night to help with your sleep.  So you might choose to only reduce the morning and afternoon dose.  Or you might feel that sleep is not an issue, but daily anxiety is.  So then you might reduce more from the evening dose.  Finally, you can simply reduce an equal percent from all three doses.  It's up to you, and based on your needs.

badsocref,

Thank you.

Just to make sure I got it.  Take average weight of ten pills.  Take average weight, reduce it by 10% (or multiple by .90) and reduce which ever part of three total two tablets makes sense, right?

Other folks, please check my assumption, as well.