Equivalent water dose 2mg Diazepam.

[Ho...]

Hi Guys,

I would like to start DLMT using water for Diazepam/Valium, water is as my prefferred method. I take 18mg of Valium daily.

Question: If i were to drop 2mg Diazepam in 200ml of water would this be ok ? I am seeing people using different ammounts of milliliters and it is confusing for me to know what ammount of water i need to get started.

I am hoping someone can guide me through the first step.

Thanks,

Hoops88

Valium isn't soluble in water.

Most people dissolve their pills in 2-3 ml of alcohol (e.g. vodka) then add water to make a suspension.  Alternatively, you can use a few ml of propylene glycol to dissolve the medicine before diluting with water.

The amount of water you add is pretty much up to you.  You can dilute to 100 ml or 200 ml or 50 ml or ...    But you have to dissolve the drug in a proper solvent before adding the water.

The amount of water you add is pretty much up to you.  You can dilute to 100 ml or 200 ml or 50 ml

Thank you.

But you have to dissolve the drug in a proper solvent before adding the water.

Has anyone been successful in tapering using just water alone ?

Hoops88.

Has anyone been successful in tapering using just water alone?

Yes. 

Diazepam has some solubility in water.  The numbers I’ve seen for experimental aqueous solubilities range from 0.04 mg/mL to 0.06 mg/mL.  Disintegrating a 2 mg diazepam tablet in 200 mL of water would yield a liquid with a hypothetical concentration of 0.01 mg/mL.

Needless to say, one must be cautious about generalizing results from experimental solubility studies to what can be accomplished at home. Experimental studies use different ingredients, equipment, and procedures under carefully controlled, laboratory conditions to maximize solubility.

So, if you decide to use water, you would be wise to consider the resulting liquid to be a suspension instead of a solution and to follow “best practices” for preparing and using suspensions.  Lest this sound intimidating, here’s a video that demonstrates several of the practices:

If you don’t want the hassle or uncertainties associated with preparing and using a homebrew liquid, Pamster has made an excellent suggestion. Ask your healthcare professional to prescribe the 5 mg/5 mL (1 mg/mL) FDA-approved, commercially manufactured oral solution of diazepam. Many of our members have used/are using this solution successfully to taper, often in combination with regular tablets. In my opinion, using the prescription oral solution is your best option for safety and effectiveness as well as accuracy and precision.