Please, Need help making taper schedule

[2c...]

Hello

I have finally decided to start tapering again despite back pain issues.  I also want to have a plan when I visit a new doc next week.  I’m hoping the more prepared I am, the more willing they  will be to support me so I would like to have a taper schedule made up.

I would appreciate some help with the taper schedule.  I am currently taking 0.5 mg Ativan at 4 a.m.- 0.25 at 2p.m. - 0.5 mg at 9.pm. I would like to start with a 5% taper. 

Or maybe I should start low at 3%?

Also wondering if I should start by weighing and shaving down pills at this point? And do I start with just one of the doses and the work my way through the day?

I have a Smart weigh Gem50 jewelry scale, scale papers and gel caps so I can make ahead when I get to that point.

I don’t know which dose to start with and having difficulty with the math . I could also use any tips on crushing and weighing.

Anxious but ready to get started .  I can’t take the withdrawal/tolerance anymore and want to start this.

Can anyone please assist?

• 2 weeks later...

Pamster,

Thanks for checking.  I tagged onto another thread for Ativan dry taper and Bob gave me some great options and directions. 

I’m still holding while trying to get resolution for this crazy back pain but I now feel prepared to start when that happens. 

Thanks so much

I'm glad you got help, I remember now, you were working with him on Haimona's thread.  :thumbsup:

I hope your back pain resolves soon, is it withdrawal related?

Pamster:

I don’t believe it is.  It started last year when I was very stable and had been holding for years. It got progressively worse last spring.  Been through several docs.  Trying acupuncture, massage and chiropractic now.

Although I think there is some connection with the severity of the pain.  It has given me panic attacks which I never had before and I think that added stress caused me to have WD from the holding dose I was on.  That’s why I reinstated a bit.

I’m hoping to get the back pain tamped down a bit before I start tapering again but if it goes too much longer I might just start anyway. Nor sure what to do.

This whole thing reminds me of a game I used to play as at my grandparents house as a child, you're probably not old enough to remember it, it was called Pick up Sticks.  The goal is to remove one stick at a time from a pile without disturbing the rest of the sticks in the pile.  Balancing our benzo issues along with our health, emotional needs, family, work and all the other aspects of our lives is a tricky process. 

I'm glad to see you're going to hold your taper for now. 

Pamster

What a great analogy!  Yes I had pick up sticks as a kid!

I had acupuncture yesterday and the early results were good . Last night and this morning my pain was greatly reduced but rebounded this afternoon.  I do know results can vary and I could still see some improvement .  Still I am encouraged and will continue acupuncture ( as long as I can afford it lol)

I've heard great things about acupuncture, I tried it when I was recovering to help with sleep, alas it wasn't helpful but not much can touch benzo insomnia but time away from the drug. 

I hope you can keep getting the treatments, won't insurance pay for any of it?

The insurance I have will not pay for acupuncture although it will pay for chiropractic.  I have a friend who worked for Microsoft and his insurance paid for acupuncture AND massage therapy!,

I have had quite a bit of all over pain today which is a little unusual. The acupuncturist said it could take 2 or 3 days for full benefit.

When I get chiropractic or massage therapy I usually feel like crap for a couple of days before I feel better. 

It’s been a rough few months for me.  Not good as we are going into winter and I live in the Midwest where it is cold and damp all winter.  Trying to be positive  :thumbsup: