Important Survey - Please Participate ×

1mg of K to 20mg of V day 2

[Sc...]

So yesterday I made the crossover from 1mg of K to 20mg of V.  Last night I had my worst sleep in 4 months.  3.5 hours of sleep registering zero REM sleep.  I read the entire Ashton manual this morning which many people here recommended and I am so glad I did.  The entire manual was an absolute must read.  I am gathering from reading the manual, some posts on this forum and further research that I may be better off making the crossover a bit more gradual.  I am seeing or thinking 0.5mg of K in the AM and 10 mg of V before bed to make the crossover a bit more tolerable.  Hoping to get stabilized on the V because at this point it is blantenly obvious that tapering off of V is most definitely the way to go.  Any advice would be appreciated.

So yesterday I made the crossover from 1mg of K to 20mg of V.  Last night I had my worst sleep in 4 months.  3.5 hours of sleep registering zero REM sleep.  I read the entire Ashton manual this morning which many people here recommended and I am so glad I did.  The entire manual was an absolute must read.  I am gathering from reading the manual, some posts on this forum and further research that I may be better off making the crossover a bit more gradual.  I am seeing or thinking 0.5mg of K in the AM and 10 mg of V before bed to make the crossover a bit more tolerable.  Hoping to get stabilized on the V because at this point it is blantenly obvious that tapering off of V is most definitely the way to go.  Any advice would be appreciated.

The mind is powerful, thus maybe the anxiety of the crossover was a factor in losing sleep.

Originally my therapist recommended a "sudden crossover".  However (this year) I was prepared with a hardcopy of Ashton's manual and we agreed on the gradual approach. 

My pharmacy waved a "red flag" to have a prescription for both K and V.  To solve that, my doc sent a note which explained the tapering situation. Anyway, we all managed to get on the same page. 

In my case, tapering from K was brutal,  thus my only viable option was to crossover to V.  In general, I followed Ashton's crossover chart.......not exactly, but to a reasonable degree.  It didn't come without bumps.

You're wise to say "to get stabilized". 

Everyone is different.