Amitriptyline taper and extreme noise/vibration sensitivity

[fe...]

Hi everyone,

I seemed to have *finally* gotten past my clonazepam post withdrawal symptoms and decided to start coming down from my 40mg of amitriptyline.  I was able to slowly taper down to 30mg when all hell broke loose.  A neighbor of ours has started blasting bass sounds at random points of the night, keeping me awake in a constant state of fear.  It has caused an entirely new setback in which I am hypervigilant, hyperacute (I can hear pins drop across the house), and very sleep deprived.  I have had maybe 10 hours of sleep total in the last 3 nights.

I'm approaching the police about the loud neighbor issue, but it's tricky because they have to "catch them in the act" and they'll only camp in front of the problem house for maybe 15 minutes before moving on to another call.  Although I will say they are very sympathetic and hope to catch it eventually.

In the meantime, I can't seem to arrest this downward spiral of hopelessness and fear.  My whole entire life went from "just working and enjoying my days" to "listening for noises 24/7".  It's at the forefront of everything.  I can't even enjoy my time with my family.  I'm so tired.

In addition to the symptoms I described, I'm also having internal tremors.  I have a hard time telling if they're caused by constant vibrations from low level sound coming through the floors, or if they're truly just my own tremors.

Has anyone else had this and was able to move past it?  I'm scared that this won't truly go away until I get sleep; and that I can't get sleep until the noises stop.  Which may be never...

I have had the visceral psychotic terror of sounds and vibrations since beginning of 2018.

I think one drug buffets the withdrawal from others.

I got of ADs, pain meds etc fine while on diazepam.

When tried to get off last drug = hell.