Guilt while suffering

[b0...]

Guilt is fear of the past.

I have it bad and doing therapy.

Just learn to be kind to yourself,  to where you are at, accept the bad days.

Any memories of the past event,  even innocent things that I have done and said can trigger a sadness, a fearful emotion .it is caused by our fragile nervous system.

im sure this will get moved or deleted. How do you get over the guilt of your mental Symptoms the things you said and the things you did?

Yes boymom, I did move your post to a more appropriate board.  The Support Groups section of the forum is for large groups of people who have an issue in common such as withdrawing from a certain benzodiazepine, or there are those who take the same antidepressant and they need support for what they're experiencing, there are even exercise groups and long hold groups.

So you see, your post doesn't fit that board, the Withdrawal Support board is by far the most active on the forum so you will get more replies here.

I have the severe guilt/regret.  All I can say is that as you come out the other side, the unbearable intensity fades away because it is in fact a withdrawal symptom for me. 

I don't mean that the years of obliterating relationships due to severity of emotional perceptions and reactions didn't happen.  They did happen, I did do these things.  The extreme level at which I perceived them during acute has slowly (but consistently) withdrawn to allow a tolerable way forward, that simply didn't exist with opaque benzo withdrawal goggles on my mind/heart. 

I didn't change what my core values are and I didn't suddenly achieve the capacity to forgive myself and others.  I struggled through withdrawal hell while hating myself and those around me.

Just like any injury, Time and my system healing during that passage of Time is what led to repetitive slight drawdowns of the severity of my emotions and perceptions.  As the symptom pendulum burns off its excess kinetic energy my thoughts and emotions can be viewed through cloudy, but translucent, benzo goggles.  Mental and emotional balance is a continuing product of recovery for me.

I know all the self help and therapy is definitely a good thing, but there are plenty of days where I am only concentrating on stacking up more time/healing.  I suspect that will soon get to the point where positive thoughts and discussions may be able to better penetrate the obfuscating benzo withdrawal hurricane clouds. 

It will get better even if nothing changes but my benzo + A/D warped perceptions.  It has already vastly improved, but it is hard as hell to see that while still in the storm. 

Every thought was overloaded with raw emotion and the ones concerning the past or future were unbearable.  What gets me through and closer to "okay" is telling myself that these pressured cyclical thoughts overflowing with emotion are but another symptom to be endured.  I just have to endure it for the now, not the forever.