scariest mental symptoms ever support group

[ae...]

Benzo withdrawal can be pretty brutal.  I suspect that a majority of people here felt that they were the worst 1% of cases at some point.

What's your plan for moving forward?  How can we help?

i dont even know where to start. i dont know how to heal and move forward. o feel like no one has gone thriugh the hell ive gone through and been tortured and still have to parent. i just dontneven know who i am on so many levels

Your body know how to heal.  It's done so countless times during your life.  Give it a chance and it can do it again.

Let's start with just two questions...

- Where are you now?  (dose, symptoms)

- Where would you like to be two years from now?

been off benzos for a yr and half. tspering cymbalta. if i heal from my symptoms i may never get over them or what they did to me. so i dont know what to say about a yr from now.

• 1 month later...

You will.

When you feel better and don’t have the symptoms any more you will e so pleased it will be much easier.

Also many ppl simply seem to forget the worst of it once they feel better or, at least they are no longer emotionally connected to the trauma of it.

If that doesn’t happen for you then you can have some trauma counselling to help you cope like with any trauma.

Try to just get through each day atm and not worry about how you will cope on the future. You will find a way.

I've had really bad mental symptoms, think you will find there are quite a few of us. Started mildly with zopiclone withdrawal, then went off the scale when I tried anti depressants. Some days can just about cope but others like today feel I'll never improve. Doing exposure therapy but don't seem make much progress so far. Think mental symptoms are particularly hard to deal with but you aren't alone.

Why are the mornings, and daytimes so rough?  :-\

This article doesn't deal specifically with benzo's but it gives some great tips in learning how to combat it, of course, benzo morning anxiety is way worse than the normal stuff but maybe this can hopefully help you combat it.

Understanding Morning Anxiety

[ec...]
I had some horrific mental symptoms. I was in a very dark place and gradually it went away as the symptoms started to ease up. I am still healing but now I am finally accepting them because I know as time goes by I will fully heal..